I'm averting my eyes from the date of my last post. Holy shiznit it has been a while hasn't it?! Life has been life lately and I've been out doing life things with my little lives. As I'm sure all you pretties are doing as well. And those 'little lives', they come first you know? No excuses. Just laying it out plain and simple. Being a mama and domestic goddess has been totally mind/body/soul sucking as of late and all of my left over will power has been diverted to restraining myself from collapsing face down and hiding under a fresh and still warm load of laundry from the dryer. Lately I have been reading some of my favorite bloggers post about 'their daily grind' to pump out posts and how they have been feeling weighed down by the 'need to create compelling content' and how they are burning out... blah de blah blah. I feel ya sister. Then they post about how to 'get through it', or they say just keep posting till you get your groove back. Ehhhhhhhhhhh. No thanks. Rather than post a bunch of bs or filling up your feed with fluff, I'll just wait till I feel like I have something of merit to post. Like this. It's totally not my original idea, but I thought it was a good one.
 
A DIY Rope Chandelier.

 Both Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware have a couple of versions I'm partial to. 

Pottery Barn
Restoration Hardware
So here is what you will need:
One cast off working chandelier
at least 100-200 feet of rope. The smaller the rope the easier to work with but the more you will need
hot glue gun, lots of glue & scissors
place to hang the chandelier so you can work on it





 So here's how it goes. Pretty simple. Start at the top of the arms and tie a knot. Secure with gobs of hot glue. Then slowly wrap tightly down the arm with a dot of hot glue here and there. Secure at the end of the arm with another knot and gobs of hot glue. Don't wrap where it will get hot or where it could possibly touch the blub. X nay on the house fire ay. This natural jute-ish rope holds its shape pretty well so I was pleasantly surprised at how little glue I needed. Once I got the arms covered I moved onto the center part. Started at the top and wrapped downward. Again securing with a dot of hot glue here and there. Bingo bongo doneski. This poor chandelier has been spray painted, spackled and speckled so many times I hope this is the last time I want to mess with it. I really do like the look of the rope against the wood ceiling . All natural and ish. 








Thanks so much for sticking with me. Maybe this will be the light blub to ding and my diyn frenzy will return.
xo Honor