Are you looking for a quality and reliable garage heater to keep your garage warm or heat up your garage? There are numerous electric garage heaters available when you take a look at the internet today and it is quite necessary to know that 120V electric garage heaters can either be mounted in a basic standing position or mounted on the ceiling.
One major key to finding a suitable 120V electric garage heater is knowing its heat distribution and understanding how its voltage works and in order not to get yourself worked up, we have taken it upon ourselves to bring to you’re the best 120V electric garage heaters which we have rounded up today.
Electric Garage Heaters 120V Review
5. Dimplex DGWH4031 4000-Watt Garage/Workshop Heater
You can mount this heater on the ceiling or wall of your garage using its versatile mounting bracket while its heater swivels so heat can be directed to areas where it is greatly needed.
Specially designed for use in workshops and garages, the Dimplex 4000-watt heater is well designed to produce sufficient heat to heat up every corner of your workshop or garage and one important feature of this heater is its fan delay design which makes use of a residual heat or economic heat production.
This heater is also quite safe for use as it doesn’t give off harmful carbon monoxide or any dangerous combustion.
4. NewAir G73 Hardwired Electric Garage Heater, Heats up to 750 square feet
Well designed to heat up spaces up to 500sq feet, the NewAir hardwired electric garage heater is ideal for use in industrial spaces, workshops and garages as it helps to keep these places warm.
Thanks to its rugged steel construction, this heater will withstand tough conditions while its well-constructed fan helps to distribute heat throughout your garage or workshop.
Featuring no plugs, this quality heater is very easy to install and it also comes with a swiveling bracket that allows mounting this heater on the ceiling or on the wall.
Its safety measures include; thermal cutoff which shuts down electricity to prevent overheating and automatic shutoff design which shuts down this heater after reaching the desired heat temperature.
3. Fahrenheat FUH54 240-Volt Garage Heater, 2500 – 5000 Watt
This is a heavy-duty and industrial type of heater which can also be made use of outside buildings, in basements, workshops and garages.
The Fahrenheat garage heater comes with an in-built mount bracket which makes it possible to mount this heater horizontally or vertically while its adjustable louvers ensure that the required heat is directed to areas where It is needed.
It also comes with an in-built single pole thermostat which can be adjusted from 45 degrees Fahrenheit to 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Patton PUH680-N-U Milk-House Utility Heater
The Patton milk house utility heater is ideal for use in workshops, garages and works sites as it features a full metal housing and it also comes with high and low heat settings as well as comfort control thermostat which allows you select the desired heat level.
It also comes with an automatic shut off technology that shuts down this heater when not in use. Using this heater also allows you to maintain a suitable comfort level thanks to its adjust manual controls.
It also boasts of front guards which provide protection against tip over thereby helping you stay relaxed during use.
1. Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Shop 208/240V, 4800/5600W Heater with 6-30R Plug
This heater is recommended for use at workshop, basement, garage and construction sites and it delivers an efficient and effective heating action thanks to its well-designed heating elements.
This is a sturdy and dependable heater and one impressive feature of this top-quality heater is its well-constructed fan which guarantees continuous and constant warmth.
You can move this heater about easily as it features a portable and compact design while its built-in thermostat can be easily adjusted from low to high levels.
One impressive feature of the Dr. Infrared heater DR-988 garage shop heater is its overheat cut-off design which shuts down this machine if it detects overheat and it is powerful enough to heat up to six hundred square feet.
Other Related Products Includes
1. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater, 1500-Watt
Safety was taken into consideration when manufacturing this heater as its heating elements are not capable of starting a fire thereby making it safe having it in the same house with your pets and kids.
Considered to be the most efficient and best alternative heating source available today, the Dr. Infrared portable heater features the combination of quartz and PTC infrared elements which ensures that you stay warm especially in cold seasons and thanks to its high-velocity low noise blower and dual heating system, this heater works effectively to boost heat transfer rate and distribution.
2. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
Featuring a compact size, the Lasko ceramic heater delivers powerful heat and it is well designed to perfectly fit any tabletop or desk. This top-class heater comes with the fan-only, low heat and high heat comfort levels and it boasts of two power settings such as the 900-watt low setting and the 1500-watt high setting.
This Lasko heater comes with a carrying handle that allows you to move this heater around the house easily and the safety of your pets and kids is guaranteed as it comes with an automatic Overheat Protection Technology.
Backed with a 3-year warranty, the Lasko 754200 heater will fill up your room with desired heat and some important features of this heater include adjustable thermostat control which ensures personalized comfort, quiet operation, self-regulating ceramic element and manual controls.
3. Honeywell HZ-789 EnergySmart Electric Oil Filled Radiator Whole Room Heater
This radiator heater features low, medium and high phases so you can select a suitable comfort level and it is considered to be the ideal choice for every home with children and pets as it generates a maximum amount of energy as well as provides a low surface temperature.
Featuring a rounded design and rust-resistant construction, this heater is considered to be one of the most durable heaters available and it also boasts of 1500W power which is required for operation, especially in large and medium rooms that require continuous heat supply in cold seasons.
The Delonghi radiator heater is one that gets your room filled with heat and making use of this heater helps to conserve energy as it helps you regulate temperature automatically. Some of its safety features include thermal cutoff and anti-freeze setting which fights against freezing pipes.
4. Lasko 6435 Designer Series Ceramic Oscillating Heater with Remote Control
Safety is guaranteed when making use of this heater as it features an automatic heat protection design and it also comes with 1500W power output which is required for operation. Other notable features of this heater include a self-regulating ceramic element, high/low quiet comfort setting, 7-hour automatic shutoff design and adjustable thermostat.
Featuring the combination of beautiful decorative design as well as a multifunction remote which gives you total control over this heater, the Lasko designer series oscillating heater will fill up your home with desired heat and it will fit any room perfectly as it boasts of a metal scrollwork base. Its electronic touch–control option allows you to select and maintain the desired heat level and it is well designed to deliver full heat coverage for any room.
5. Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control
Users can easily move this heater from one room to the other easily thanks to its convenient carrying handles and one notable feature that makes this heater quite popular and widely used today is its maximum power output of 1500W which is required for fast and effective operation.
Boasting of an effective way of heating up your rooms, garages or any space where it is kept, the Lasko ceramic heater with remote control features the combination of widespread oscillation, penetrating air velocity and elongated heating elements which deliver continuous and steady warmth in all corners of the room and experience consistent and effective heating thanks to its small footprints.
How Propane Heater is Effective for Your Garage as well
Propane heaters seem significantly useful for your home, but they also do an excellent heating job when installed in a garage. As in the garage, mostly, you will have no power to connect other heaters, which is why propane heaters are the best solutions. There are multiple factors that make a propane heater a great option.
Let’s look at some of them:
A propane heater is a much cheaper option compared to electric heaters. If you have already installed a central heating system in your garage, it would be best to turn that off and adjust a propane heater because it will greatly increase your savings.
Ease of Installation
Propane heaters are easy to assemble. Usually, top propane garage heaters arrive with appropriate gas containers, which is why you do not need to visit any hardware store to purchase one. The steps you need to follow are quite simple;
- Place the propane container
- Assure that the heat regulator is off
- Place the heater inlet connector into the tank
- Rotate the connector to your left because gas connections usually tighten counterclockwise
- Turn the container’s valve to open it
- Smell or listen for any leaks
Your work is complete if no leaks are found. Unfortunately, if any mishaps occur, check for the valves and damaged parts to recognize the leak.
Top-class propane gas heaters can implement up to 70,000 BTUs, and that is exactly what you need for your large garage. The heaters that come with fans provide service without any fan noises, which is quite efficient to refrain from sound pollution. It can be placed in a position that will allow the air to flow to any adjusted angle you desire. Most of the heaters have a design that allows it to radiate heat 360 degrees around the entire circumference to supply heat evenly.
Propane gas heaters are chosen by most people because of its capability of implementing less emission compared with other devices. They are incredibly efficient and burn cleaner with fewer emissions than the other space heaters.
Propane heaters typically consist of the potential to be highly dangerous. As it is flammable, any malfunction inside the appliance may lead to a huge accident. For the same purpose, propane heaters are now installed with inbuilt security peculiarities so that you can have a comprehensive rest of the soul while utilizing it.
An anti-tip button will also guarantee that the radiator will not proceed to operate if it is damaged or malfunctioned. Many propane heaters have an overheat protection built-in and a thermostat for the user’s safety to determine the internal heating of the equipment. If the heater becomes too hot, it will automatically turn off and will not work until it is cool enough.
To work comfortably and avoid shivering, propane gas heaters are the perfect pick. Because they are eco-friendly, have cheaper solutions, and provide efficient and quality service.
What Are Electric Heaters?
Electric heaters are heaters that convert electricity into heat and this conversion process occurs when an electrical current passes through an electrical resistor which then converts this current into heat energy. These kinds of heaters are very easy to operate and make use of while the only form of maintenance required when dealing with electric heaters is optional mounting.
Risk Factors Of Using Electric Heaters
- They are quite expensive and costs more for operation compared to gas heaters
- Overheating can result to fire outbreak or even damage of the heater
- Not properly mounted electric heaters can trip over also result in a fire outbreak
- Heating can cause burns when touched
The products we have rounded up are the best you can find, popular among customers, reliable and dependable and without wasting further time, come with us and meet them today.
Conclusion – What You Should Know
When considering the best 120V electric garage heater to buy, it is also necessary to take into consideration the outdoor temperature of the environment. Looking at this review, you would find the best models which we have listed and you rest assured that there aren’t any other better options available on the market again.
Regardless of their pros and cons, these are the best options you would come across and it will interest you to know that these models all come with innovative and great designs that make them suitable for your heating needs and for garages of different sizes. It is advised that you carefully go through each and every model mentioned above so as to carefully select the one that best suits your very needs.
Other Related Reviews:
Don’t miss our review of Best Kerosene Heaters on the market!
Q: What is the best electric heater for a garage?
A: The most powerful option, gas heaters are best for cavernous, industrial garages, though be aware that the resulting carbon monoxide needs to be safely vented. Depending on the model, gas-powered heaters can run on natural gas, propane, diesel, or waste oil.
Q: What is the top-rated electric garage heater?
A: Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy. … Lasko High-Velocity Utility Fan. Keeping your garage ventilated can be a difficult task,but this high-velocity fan helps in a big way thanks to the three variable speeds … Fahrenheat FUH54 240-volt Garage Heater. … Lasko Ceramic Tower Space Garage Heater. … Newair G56 5600 Watt Garage Heater. …
Q: How to buy the best electric heater?
A: Zanussi ZTPTCH3001 Panel Heater – White. … Dimplex Essentials DEUF2 2kW Upright Fan Heater. … Norderney 2,000 Watt Electric Convection Panel Heater with Thermostat. … Braydon 600W Electric Panel Heater. … Flat/Upright 2,000 Watt Portable Electric Fan Compact Heater. … Silentnight Tower PTC Ceramic Heater – 2000W. … 2000 Watt Electric Convection Radiator Heater. …
Q: Is 120V or 240V better?
A: 240 is technically better, but in the case of heating mats it really doesn’t matter much. There has been some talk that 240 is more efficient and heats quicker, but to my knowledge, there is no data to back that up. Basically in your case, the 120 and 240 will draw the same energy, heat the same, and be just as efficient.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- ☀️OPTIMAL SPACE UTILIZATION: Maximize your available floor space with the space-saving design of this fan-forced heater. Specifically designed for...
- ☀️ROBUST STEEL BUILD: Constructed with high-quality heavy gauge steel, the body of this commercial heater is built to withstand the challenging...
- ☀️PRECISE AIRFLOW CONTROL: Experience targeted heating with the adjustable louvers and variable mounting angle of this heater. The louvers allow...
- ☀️USER-FRIENDLY OPERATION: Take control of your comfort with the convenient controls of this heater. The digital thermostat enables you to...
- ☀️ENHANCED SAFETY FEATURES: Designed with your safety in mind, this ceiling mount heater is equipped with intelligent safety features for...
- PERFECT FOR HEATING GARAGES AND SMALL SPACES - The NewAir portable garage heater comes ready to work straight out of the box: take it out and plug it...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION BUILT TO LAST IN TOUGH CONDITIONS - The NewAir portable garage heater is built with durable stainless-steel coils—a...
- A PERSONAL HEATER THAT PACKS A POWERFUL PUNCH - The easy-flow wind bracket efficiently directs fan forced air through the heating coils, sending...
- STAY SAFE AND PROTECTED WHILE YOU WORK - The high-temperature protection feature removes the risk of overheating for peace of mind while you work in...
- SMART SAFETY FEATURES - This garage heater has an internal thermostat and automatic shut-off function that prevent overheating. The exterior housing...
- SAFETY - Cool to the touch with internal thermostat and automatic shut-off to prevent overheating.
- PORTABLE - Adjustable temperature control with 2 heat modes, tilting head, and easy carry handle.
- FAST HEAT - Ceramic heating plate and power of 200 CFM fan delivers a steady stream of warm air.
- QUALITY - Built to last with a rugged shell that stands up to tough conditions in any workspace
- PLUG TYPE - This portable heater's 120-volt plug can be used in any standard outlet.
- ☀️EFFICIENT CEILING MOUNT: With its ceiling-mount design and hard-wired installation, this fan-forced heater is perfect for spaces like...
- ☀️ROBUST STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Constructed from heavy-gauge steel, the body of this commercial heater exhibits exceptional durability, making it...
- ☀️PRECISE HEAT DISTRIBUTION: The inclusion of louvers and an adjustable mounting angle enables targeted heating, allowing you to direct the...
- ☀️USER-FRIENDLY TEMPERATURE CONTROL: The ceiling mount heater features a dual knob thermostat that provides convenient and precise control over...
- ☀️ENHANCED SAFETY FEATURES: Designed with your safety in mind, this ceiling mount heater is equipped with intelligent safety features for...
- EFFECTIVE HEAT - Our infrared space heaters warm objects instead of just the air! This will help your room stay warm even after the heater turns off.
- SAFE TOUCH GRILL - That’s because our grills are made out of material that doesn’t burn skin. Our heaters also automatically shut off power if it...
- MODERN DESIGN - wall mount design means you don't lose floor space. Perfect for bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens, offices and more
- ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT - LED display shows you what the ambient temperature is and helps regulate the temperature efficiently. (goes to dark mode after...
- COMPACT - Uses less than 2 square feet of wall space and plugs into a normal 110v outlet. When installed over the outlet, you can hide the cord behind...
- 【OVERHEAT PROTECTION】: The Electric garage heater has a built-in thermostat, which makes the product with overheat protection, that is, when the...
- 【SPACE SAVING】: Fan-forced heater have a compact design of 14.9 x 10.6 x 18.5 inches, which saves valuable floor space in a crowded warehouse,...
- 【REMOTE CONTROL】: In addition to the convenience of remote control, it also prevents skin contact with overheated surfaces. Since the heater will...
- 【TIMER FUNCTION】: From 1 to 12 hours, each time you press the timer button, the operation time will increase by 1 hour, and the time set by the...
- 【ADJUSTMENT】: The angle can be adjusted in different directions with the size knob through the hole on the side of the body, and the airflow angle...
- 【Long Cord Portable Space Heater】- Space Heater 120v is designed with a super long cord which is much longer than most in the market. With approx....
- 【Portable Indoor Heaters】- AKUSAKO portable space heater is combined with a small size design, convenient for you to move the portable fan heater...
- 【1500 watt Space Heater】- Are you ready for staving off the chill in winter? Our electric heaters for home is suitable for you. AKUSAKO portable...
- 【Save Energy】- AKUSAKO portable space heater can heat up quickly in 3 seconds and quietly in 35-45DB. Use it as supplemental heat to the main...
- 【PTC Overheat Protection】- AKUSAKO electric garage heater adopts innovative PTC technology which ensures the electric space heaters remain safe...
- Heavy duty 240V single Phase 10,000W electric heater
- Hardwired; Power cord not included, Use 6 AWG copper wires for connection. Wall/Ceiling mounted heater
- Remote controlled thermostat with temperature range from 50 - 90 degree
- 5 adjustable louvers to direct airflow
- UL/CUL listed; timer feature; heavy duty fully enclosed motor
- Faster Heat Than Ever: Powerful 1500W PTC ceramic heating with Dreo's Hyperamics Technology allows this space heater to heat up in seconds, reaching...
- Experience Cozy Warmth Anywhere: Dreo Space Heaters provide efficient 70° wide-angle heating, enveloping your room in warmth from all directions....
- Unmatched Safety and Protection: Our Shield360° system ensures ultimate safety with tip-over and overheat protection, along with a 24-hour auto-off...
- Energy Savings Made Easy: With 5 modes (1500W/900W/700W/ECO/Fan Only), you have full control over your energy consumption. In ECO Mode, define your...
- Effortless Control and Portability: The precise temperature display and handy remote control make temperature adjustments a breeze. The hidden carry...