There is no better feeling than picking a pair of sticks and making a rhythm with a drum set. There is something refreshing about being able to play to your favorite songs. Generally, most drum sets are usually made up of the bass drum, tom-toms and snare drum. Mid-range drums are usually made up of one bass drum (at least), 2 or 3 tom-toms and one snare drum.
Larger drum kits usually come with more of each of these components. For beginners, a four-piece drum set with a bass drum, snare drum and 2 tom-toms is preferable.
One major factor to consider when purchasing a drum set is the quality of sound it produces. From the opinions of professional drummers, a wooden drum set has a higher quality than the synthetic or metal ones. Some other factors to consider include;
Most drums with high quality are usually not so cheap, although there are still some good ones that come at a reasonable price. You should get one that best suits your purpose.
Number of pieces
The number of pieces your drum set will come with should depend on the level you are, playing the drums. Generally speaking, standard drum sets usually come with five pieces. Some may come with three pieces and others eight and above. But for beginners, we suggest you settle for the three or four-piece drum set and maybe add more pieces as time goes on.
This article gives a breakdown of your Top 5 best professional drum sets.
5. Music Alley DBJK02-BK Kids 3 Piece Beginners Drum Kit
This is a perfect drum set for children. It is suitable for children between the ages of four and seven. This drum set has three pieces with two tom-toms hanging. It also features a bass drum and a bass pedal. Basically, this drum set comes with all the necessary things you need to start playing. It also comes with a stool and a pair of light drum sticks.
It is a high standard percussion instrument made to teach up-and-coming musicians rhythm. It is made from wood and not plastic as is common with some drum sets for kids. The difference in size is the only thing that distinguishes it from an adult drum kit.
The music alley kids drum kit has skins that are tunable and offers an original and astonishing drum playing experience. It is sturdy and has chrome fixtures that give it that standard sound and look. This kit also comes with a 14-inch kick drum, an 8-inch snare and a pedal that helps to achieve deep beats.
There is also a 10-inch cymbal and an 8-inch tom. Its seat is padded and adjustable and this makes playing very convenient at the right height. The biggest drum of this kit is the bass drum and it offers a lovely low tone. This is just the right choice for a kid.
4. Pearl RS525SCC706 Roadshow 5-Piece Drum Set
This drum set features a bass drum, snare drum, tom and floor tom. It also features fourteen-inch hybrid hi-hats, sixteen-inch brass crash ride, maple drumsticks and stick bag. Other hardware includes; bass drum pedal, hi-hat stand, tom holders (two), snare stand and throne.
The pearl roadshow has a jet black color. It is a good drum kit for a reasonable price. It produces a nice quality sound and is great for a starter kit. The drums are solid with a fantastic look. It has a perfect size and so wouldn’t occupy so much space. This drum set is properly constructed with a nice finish.
Some setbacks are that; assembling this drum kit “could” be a little time consuming (there have been some reviews about the ease and convenience of putting this drum set together). The screw of the pedal for the top is stripped and the pedal is not well pre-assembled. The cymbals are not so awesome but are better than some.
The bottom line, it will make a nice purchase for a beginner.
3. Alesis Command Mesh Kit | Professional Electronic Drum Set
This electronic drum set is suitable for practice and live performance. It comes with over one thousand in-built sounds of different music genres. It also comes with a collection of uncompressed sound samples. This drum set is sensitive to drum strikes and it features kick pads, tom pads, and real head snare.
The kick and tom pads use mesh heads for original rebound and sticking. It comes with a collection of six drum pads, a solid stealth rack, and an amazing sounding drum module. The drum module comes with twelve trigger inputs. It also has a mixer.
The Command Mesh Kit is portable and can be reconfigured easily to fit smaller playing spaces. It produces a natural sound and offers a wonderful experience. It has real percussion, cymbal and drum sounds. This new drum module allows you to load new sounds from your computer with the use of a USB (first of its kind).
This product offers a lot of stability as well as more drums. It is a professional/standard electronic drum set.
You should note that the kick pedal will have to be purchased separately.
2. Mendini by Cecilio 13 Inch 3-Piece Kids
This one is ideal for children between the ages of three and eight. It features a 13-inch by an 8-inch bass drum, 10 inches by 4-inch snare drum, 8 inches by 6-inch tom, bass drum, drum throne, a pair of drum sticks (wooden) and an 8-inch cymbal (with a cymbal arm). It also comes with a setup manual.
It has all the things required for a beginner and therefore, perfect for a junior aspiring to be a great drummer. It doesn’t occupy too much space because the cymbal and drums are set up off the bass drum. This product comes in a variety of colors; metallic black, metallic purple or metallic black color.
You are getting a very nice toy at a reasonable price with the Mendini Junior Drum Set. It delivers a decent sound for its price when it is properly tuned. Although you may need to change the cymbals to a splash cymbal with better quality (for about $25). The cymbal that comes with the set may deliver an unpleasant sound.
You may also need to tighten the mounts of the snare and tom frequently to keep them in place. It is quite easy to assemble and comes with a seat as well.
1. Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Kit
This five-piece drum set comes with cymbals stands and has a gloss finish and chrome/black rims. A really nice instrument that provides all the things needed to start playing. It is fun and will make a nice gift. It is a complete drum set with all the required components such as; the drums, cymbals, stands, stool, hardware, pedal and sticks.
It is everything like the adult drum set except for the size which is understandably smaller. It also features; 16 inches by 10-inch bass drum, floor tom, hang toms (2), wooden snare drum, snare stand, crash cymbal, hi-hat cymbals and hi-hat stand, a pair of drum sticks and drummers key.
This drum set is quite cheap and requires setup (quite easy to assemble). It is also sturdy and produces quality sounds. This set is designed strictly for young learners and not for adult players so do not expect way too much from this product. It is a functional kid drum set.
The skinheads are made of good quality plastic and can be replaced once they begin to break or wear out. It is basically a toy but then compared to other kid drum sets, it has a very good quality.
- Book/Online Audio
- Pages: 88
- Instrumentation: Drums
- Instrumentation: Percussion
- Mattingly, Rick (Author)
- ✅Professional Full-Size Set: Ideal for all adult musicians, beginner to advanced, this full-size set provides everything needed for playing and...
- ✅Designed for Powerful & Rich Sound: This set is crafted utilizing the highest quality materials, such as genuine Poplar hardwood shells, upgraded...
- ✅Strong & Stable Support: 22 gauge hardware tubing 1.0 thickened. Riveted combination of moderate tightness plating corrosion resistance longer...
- ✅Stage-worthy appearance: Available in several finishes to suit any preference, each set features top-quality hardware and accents for a sleek look
- ✅Some assembly required: Detailed, easy-to-read instructions for frustration-free setup
- ⭐[Upgraded Electronic Drum] Rock to funk, jazz to classical, this upgraded MUSTAR electric drum set has you covered for sounds. Switch between 15...
- ⭐[Enjoyable Playing Experience] One Turbo Mesh 8" mesh snare (Support Dual-Zone) and three 8" Silicone Tom Pads transition naturally from a...
- ⭐[Abundant Function Options] Apart from its playability and sounds, electronic drum set really excels when it comes to practice tools. Metronome - 9...
- ⭐[USB/MIDI Control] With USB MIDI and MIDI In/Out ports, you can easily connect to cellphone, tablet, or laptop to display your favorite songs, even...
- ⭐[Easy to carry] MUSTAR electric drum sets for adults is made of high-quality and durable material for long time use.The whole kit can be folded...
- Drummer Retro Vintage Drum Set Drumset Design. This retro graphic print features a vintage drumset or drum set for men, women, boys, girls, drummers,...
- Vintage Retro Drums Drum Sticks Drum Set Drumming Drummer Rock & Roll Gift. Great gift for a drummer, drum enthusiast, percussionists, music fan,...
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- 8.5 oz, Classic fit, Twill-taped neck
Q: How to choose the best drum set?
A: Stand for the snare drum – this is a 3-legged stand that your snare drum will sit on. Floor Tom Legs – The 3 usually curved legs that attach to the Floor Tom to stand it up. Rack Tom Mount and Holders – These are the “arms” that attach the Rack Toms to the Bass Drum.
Q: What are the best drum set brands?
A: Maple Walnut birch Brasswood
Q: What are the best drum kits for beginners?
A: Gretsch Catalina Club. Available configurations: 18”x14″,12”x8”,14”x14”,14”x5”,20”x14”,12”x8”,14”x14”,14”x5.5”,24”x14”,13”x9”,16”x16”,14”x6.5” Ludwig Breakbeats. Designed in collaboration with The Roots drummer Questlove,the Ludwig Breakbeats is much more than a beginner drum set. Pearl Export EXX. … Yamaha Rydeen. … Tama Club Jam. … PDP New Yorker. …
Q: How to buy a beginner drum set?
A: – Sticks – Some beginner drum kits come with sticks, but some don’t. Drum sticks are sized by number and letter combinations. … – Dampening Devices – Drums ring when they are struck, but too much ring is loud and annoying. … – Practice Pads – These allow near-silent practice while providing playing dynamics that resemble playing a real drum. …