Unlike other tools used for wood working, hand saws are tools that most people find fairly simple, enjoyable and easy and to work with. Hand saws are tools that you can make use of when it comes to cutting wood and other wood tasks but the numerous models on the internet today have made it quite difficult for most people to settle for the best.
If you find yourself in such category then you need not to worry as this review contains the best hand saws for cutting wood which we have rounded up just to make the search easier for you and without wasting much of your time, come with us and meet them today.
5. SHINE HAI Folding Hand Saw, Camping/Pruning Saw with Rugged 7” Blades, All Purpose
When talking about quality hand saws, the SHINE HAI folding hand saw is certainly one that fits the bill as it boasts of a triple cut razor teeth feature which delivers fast and smooth sawing.
One impressive feature of this hand saw is its portable and lightweight design combined with a well-designed grip handle which delivers maximum comfort during use.
Its lightweight and compact design ensure you move around with it conveniently and safety was taken into consideration when designing this saw as it comes with a gear locking design on its handle which prevents the handle from flopping after use.
This hand saw is ideal for cutting wood, hiking adventure, camping, backpacking, home gardens and biking.
- Gets any cutting job done
- Handy tool which is ideal for trimming
- Recommended for hunting
- Made using low quality
- Recommended for use on smaller branches
4. EverSaw FOLDING HAND SAW All Purpose, Wood, Bone, PVC, Best for Tree Pruning
If you want a quality hand saw for cutting wood that isn’t flimsy, stay sharp, reduces binding and friction, has a gear style lock which locks in for safety as well as coming with a firm and solid grip then look no further as the EverSaw folding hand saw is the ideal tool for you.
Unlike other hand saws available today, this saw comes uncoated which helps to reduce friction and this, in turn, allows for a smooth push and pull flow and steel blades are made using high-quality carbon material which provides flexibility but yet makes it extra sharp.
Using this hand saw ensures that you can cut up to a four-inch diameter of wood, plastic or bone and it comes backed with a lifetime warranty thanks to the durable material used in its construction.
- Ideal handy tool
- Cuts well
- Comes with extremely sharp blades
- Works well
- Its blade is also flimsy
- Cuts poorly
Trending Article: Best Rotary Hammer Drills
3. Black & Decker PHS550B 3.4 Amp Powered Handsaw with Storage Bag
This quality hand saw makes use of 4600 SPM motor combined with a power of 3.4 amp which ensures it cuts through metal and wood easily and one notable feature of this hand saw is it is lightweight and compact which makes it quite easy to handle and control during use.
No matter the area around your home or workshop you want to work on, you can move around convenient as this hand saw comes with a six-foot cord which ensures free movement during use and it also comes with a storage bag where you can easily store its cord, blades and the saw when not in use.
This product comes backed with a two-year warranty as it is made using high-quality materials that ensure long-lasting use.
- Works great
- Easy to work with
- Cuts through bone easily
- Light and nice
- Goes blunt rapidly
- Not as durable as expected
2. FLORA GUARD Folding Hand Saw, Camping/Pruning Saw with Rugged 7″ Blades
Whether it is for cutting wood or for cutting through branches, the FLORA GUARD folding hand saw would handle any task thrown at it and this hand saw would deliver precise and adequate cuts as it boasts of a razor sharp, triple cut teeth which is extremely sharp for delivering fast and smooth sawing.
This is one tool that you would find quite comfortable and easy to use as it comes with a comfortable and well-shaped handle and it also comes with a fully hardened steel blade which is quite effective in delivering precise cuts as well as enhancing durability.
- Great handy tool
- Easy to cut with
- Ideal for trimming branches
- Comes with a safety lock button
- Extremely comfortable
- Uses up less space for storage
1. GreatNeck N2610 – 26 Inch 10 TPI Cross Cut Hand Saw – Hardwood Handle
The GreatNeck N2610 twenty six-inch cross-cut hand saw is one of the best hand saws that you would come across on the internet when searching for a quality and reliable hand saw and this is a hand saw that you can rely on to get several wood working tasks done thanks to its well-designed hardwood handle.
Using this hand saw guarantees that you would obtain precise and accurate cuts as it boasts of high carbon steel blades which ensure aggressive and rougher cuts and durability is also guaranteed as its hardwood handle features a weather-resistant design so as to promote long-lasting use and performance.
This top-quality hand saw comes with sharpened teeth which help in delivering ideal cutting ability.
- Comes with an ideal aggressive tooth pattern
- Delivers great value for the money
- Top quality tool
- Well made tool
- Requires manual setting before use
- The handle isn’t as rounded as desired
Other Notable Hands Saws Includes
1. WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw, Perfect For Sawing, Trimming, Gardening, Pruning & Cutting Wood, Drywall, Plastic Pipes & More
This is one hand saw which users would find quite easy to work with as it is specially designed to cut through tenons, miters and dovetails and it is also a hand saw which would easily cut through materials like wallboard, plyboard, plastic pipe and wood which makes it a more preferred option for woodworkers, contractors and farmers.
One feature which makes this product widely used and quite popular today is its durable material construction as it comes with a well-hardened tooth which is five times sharper compared to other handsaws on the market today and it would deliver sharp, smooth and quick cuts which make it suitable for all kinds of work.
Its well-shaped handle is one that would provide users with a comfortable and slip-resistant grip as well as helping to get rid of hand fatigue and one benefit of its handle is it provides one with a unique cutting angle thanks to its unique shape and design. Its thick body carbon steel blade helps in enhancing control and boosting rigidity and with this saw, users are guaranteed amazing results and long-lasting performance.
- Easy to handle
- Works great
- Has the right size
- Makes quick cuts
- Ideal for cutting small-sized timber
- Bends a little
- Average cutting performance
2. Truper 30255 Steel Handle Bow Saw, 21-Inch Blade
The TRUPER 30255 steel handle bow saw is another quality and reliable hand saw which one can trust and rely on to deliver excellent cutting results and performance and this is one saw which boasts of a handy design that makes it suitable for taking down large branches.
One impressive feature of the TRUPER 30255 steel handle bow saw is the fact that it comes with a cam lever tension system which guarantees that the blades are kept well tightened while work is being carried out in the field and for long years of use and extended product life, it is necessary that one cleans up this tool with oil after every use.
This is a must-have for every gardener and home owner and it proves to be a great addition to any tool box while durability is guaranteed as it is made out of the finest of materials that guarantee long-lasting use.
- Cuts through obstacle easily
- Easy to store
- Portable and compact
- Fast and quick
- Feels good
- Solidly built
- Recommended for camping
- Poor quality rivets
- Blade fails to stay perfectly fixed
3. Stanley 20-526 15-Inch 12-Point/Inch SharpTooth Saw
Featuring about three sharp cutting surfaces, the STANLEY 20-526 SharpTooth saw is one that would deliver impressively and excellent cutting performance compared to other saws on the market today and the beauty of this saw lies in its teeth which is well hardened to stay sharp five times extra compared to other standard teeth found in other saws.
Unlike other poorly designed hand saws available on the market today, the ATANLEY 20-526 SharpTooth saw is one that would provide every user with unmatched comfort and a well-balanced grip thanks to its well-designed handle while one impressive feature of this handle is it comes already welded without making use of screws so one doesn’t have to worry about it getting loose anytime soon.
It also comes with a cardboard sleeve that acts as a cover for this saw when not in use and this in turn also helps in ensuring safety and protection.
- Ideal for making small cuts
- Works great
- High value saw
- Nicely made
- Extremely sharp
- Easy to store
- Superb grip
4. Tajima JPR-265ST Japanese Precision Woodworking Rapid Pull Hand Saw with a Short Elastomer Wrapped Straight Handle
These are top quality hand saws that are specially designed not to disappoint but deliver impressive and amazing cutting performances and this is the right type of saw for all kinds of work such as dovetailing, wood cutting, wood finishing and wood working which isnwhy it is quite popular and widely used today.
One feature that makes this saw stand out from the rest product on the market is the fact that it comes with GNB replacement blades which delivers three times extra cutting action compared to other blades available on the market and durability is also guaranteed when talking about this type of saw as it is made out of high-quality steel material which promotes long-lasting use.
This saw cuts faster compared to normal blades while its blades are quite easy to remove and fix from its handles.
- Fast delivery service
- Cuts great and smooth
- Boosts woodcutting skills
- Proves to be the right addition to any camping gear
- The handle doesn’t fit properly
5. Corona RazorTOOTH Folding Pruning Saw, 10 Inch Curved Blade, RS 7265D
One impressive design of this high-quality folding saw is its easy to latch design which helps in eliminating the risk of injury when not in use while its well-shaped and well-balanced handle also helps in promoting maximum comfort and a firm grip during use. This folding saw comes with a well-hardened blade which would last for a very long while and it is one which guarantees fast, smooth and quick cuts.
This is one that boasts of an efficient and fast performance or design which ensures that every task thrown at it gets carried out easily and durability is one of the keys and essential features of this well designed saw as it passed through up to four processes in manufacture so as to boost durability, reduce friction and improve hardness.
- Easy to work with
- Handy tool
- High-quality product
- Also recommended for pruning
- Ideal for camping purposes
- Easy to store
- Blades rust easily
Conclusion – What You Should Know
Listed above is a top selection of the best hand saws for cutting wood and it wasn’t quite easy selecting these products due to the numerous models available on the market but you rest assured that you won’t be able to find any better hand saw than the ones listed above.
These tools are extremely durable, sharp, effective and it comes with tooth pattern which delivers accurate and desired results so we oblige you to make the right choice today.
- 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐮𝐦 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥: WEIMELTOY hand saw made with SK5 stainless steel, is more harder and durable. Our pull...
- 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬:Our pull saw apply Japanese process craft, durable and hardness and...
- 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐝: Hand Saw with sharp double edged blade, flexible and durable. One side is 17 TPI one side for hard...
- 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐄𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭: The pull saw is light weight and sharp blade, accurate cuts with much...
- 𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: Fit for both master and beginner, for DIY wood working and tree trimming etc,...
- Size：14inches, 350mm hand saw, 0.9MM Thick.
- Material: 65Mn steel, heat treated, soft Ergonomic Non-Slip TPR Handle.
- Wide usage: Our pro hand saw is designed for precise cutting including wood, plastic pipe, plywood, wallboard. Ideal for framers, general contractors...
- QUICK CUTS: Three cutting surfaces to cut up to 50% faster than traditional handsaws. Pro hand saw fast cuts on push and pull strokes. Deep Gullets...
- Package: With low-friction coating on blade and extra plastic protection on teeth and hard paper sleeve around blade.
- FAST & CLEAN CUTS: The hand saw has an exclusive tooth geometry for a fast clean cut
- DURABILITY: Induction hardened teeth for a long lasting sharpness
- COMFORT: Ergonomically designed bi-material handle for comfort and control
- SQUARE & MITER: Handle offers a square & miter feature with 45-degree and 90-degree angles
- Durable SK-5 steel blade for efficient cutting during camping survival bushcraft landscaping and general yard work
- Heavy duty rugged 11" long blade helps you power through thick branches faster, 11" blade is ideal for cutting 6" - 7" diameter branches
- Aggressive staggered teeth ( 7 TPI ) allows ultra smooth and sharp sawing
- Comfortable and longer rubber coated polymer handle ensures a firm grip in any weather condition
- Extra long design folding saw
- An Idea Gift for Woodworker&Carpenter&Craft Man
- 【Optimal Blade Size】:Through numerous manual tests, We found that the 6" Japanese saw blade is the ideal size for precise cutting, enabling easy...
- 【Durable & Flexible Saw Blade】: The hand saw blade is made of SK5 high-carbon steel. The Japanese pull saw teeth are processed by a high-frequency...
- 【Double Edged】: One side of Japanese hand saw is 17TPI for cutting hardwood, and the other side is 14TPI for cutting softwood. Also can seen as...
- 【Hardened 3-Edge Teeth】: The hand saw has three-sided grinding gear design, sharp edge, faster chip removal, and smoother cutting.
Other Related Reviews:
Q: What is the best tool for splitting wood?
A: While the general public may think that the most usually used tool for splitting wood is an axe, they’re possible simply confusing axes with mauls.
Q: What is the best hand saw for cutting wood?
A: Some hand tools are great all-round saws, like the Shark Corp 10-2312 Carpentry Saw, the Stanley 20-045 Fat Max Hand Saw, or the Great Neck N2610 – Cross Cut Hand Saw, which can be used for almost any kind of cutting task, from carpentry work to general DIY maintenance or trimming tree branches.
Q: What is the best axe for splitting wood?
A: The Gransfors Bruks splitting tools is without doubt one in all the most capable axes on our list. This Swedish created axe is the clear favourite among most folk. it’s well solid and encompasses a superbly formed and sharpened head and blade.
Q: What are the different types of hand saws?
A: There are three main types of basic hand saws: a cross-cutting saw, a rip saw, and also a dovetail back saw. If you are cutting across the grain of the wood, you need a crosscut saw.