Beat machines are equipment that one cannot come by easily nowadays and looking at the internet today, you would find out that there are different beat machines available for you.
However, before selecting one, there are certain factors that one needs to consider and these factors include:
- Digital compatibility
- The general sound of the machine
- Sounds required
After considering the above-mentioned factors, now come with us as we show you the best beat machines for hip hop which we have rounded up just for you.
5. Akai Professional XR20 | Beat Production Station Drum Machine
This quality drum machine comes with more than seven hundred already loaded sounds and other effects for compression, equalizer and reverb which offer the user maximum control when producing beats.
One other necessary addition is its quality microphone which enables the mixing of your vocals with your own patterns.
Inspiration is something that can take place anywhere and the Akai professional beat production station drum machine is one vital machine that boasts of great sound effects, synth, bass, percussion and hit sounds which can be easily accessed no matter the time or where you are.
4. Korg Volca Beats Analogue Drum Machine
This drum machine is designed to generate thick sounds that are similar to acoustic drums and guitar sounds which makes this device suitable for live performance and music-making.
Its sequencer which is very easy to use helps in bringing your reality into life as well as enabling you to create your own beats.
The Austin bazaar instruments and all of their necessary accessories are one important item that every drummer, songwriter or even guitarist needs to have before they start playing.
One of the benefits that come with using this all-in-one drum machine bundle is it eliminates stress and saves money as it comes with a power supply that enables you to start making use of it right away.
3. Korg KR mini Rhythm Machine
This is one easy-to-use rhythm machine as all it requires is for you to choose any rhythm pattern of your choice and press play and thanks to its chain function, you can easily arrange your fill-ins and selected rhythm patterns so as to complete songs.
Using this machine guarantees maximum control over start, fill-ins and stop operations thanks to its footswitch design when it comes to recording your performance or for finger drumming, you can achieve that by tapping its 16 pad.
You can also blast loud sounds anywhere you are thanks to its in-built speaker and jamming these sounds do not require the need of any monitor.
2. Alesis SR18 | High-Definition Multi-Sampled Electronic Drum Machine
No matter the genre of music, the Alesis SR18 multi-sampled electronic drum machine is well designed to be very effective as it boasts of effects engine with equalizer, reverb and compression so you can obtain performance-ready or output recording sounds.
One feature that makes this machine stand out from the rest available on the market today is its Dynamic Articulation machine which helps in changing color and sounds just as acoustic instruments so you can enjoy and deliver a realistic performance.
Well designed to be powered using batteries or AC adapter, you can actually make use of this machine anytime and anywhere and it also boasts of one-shot hits, amazing drum sets and state-of-the-art percussion sounds which deliver quality compositions and cutting edge performance.
1. Korg Volca Beats Analog Rhythm Machine
The Korg Volca Beats analog rhythm machine comes with four PCM parts making it easy for you to control speed while its six analog interfaces make it easy for you to carry out edits.
It also boasts of a 16-step sequencer, in and out sync and eight memory patches which also syncing of this device with other necessary musical instruments.
Featuring four PCM-based drum parts and six analog interfaces, the Korg Volca beats analog rhythm machine is one device that would deliver classic and amazing sounds.
One reason why this machine is recommended for every music lover today is because of its quality user interface that helps in carrying out edits such as mix, cut and slice loops so you can obtain the best analog rhythm experience.
Conclusion – What You Should Know
Drum machines are machines that provide you with endless options and possibilities when making music and after going through this review we hope that you would be able to select the one that best suits your musical production needs.
We urge you to carefully go through each and every one of them as they are the best that you can find on the market today and you also rest assured that you won’t be going wrong by settling for any of them.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- Standalone Piano Style Keyboard – Portable mini keyboard and USB MIDI controller with 25 velocity-sensitive synthesizer action keys, pitch/mod...
- Play Anywhere – Built in speaker, 1/8-inch headphone output and battery powered specification (3 x AA batteries – not included) for performing and...
- Beat Maker Essential – Two banks of eight ultra-responsive backlit MIDI drum pads with Note Repeat and Full Level functions for drum machine style...
- Tweak, Customize – Two banks of four knobs (eight total) to tweak internal sounds or software parameters; in standalone mode control chorus, reverb,...
- The MPC Production Experience - Includes MPC Beats Software complete with the finest features and essential production tools from the Akai...
- A Studio Icon - Legendary classic drum machine for songwriters, live performers and remix engineers
- In Demand Sound - 233 professional sounds included, built-in digital effects for added realism and powered by Alesis exclusive Dynamic Articulation
- Seamless MIDI Connectivity - Complete MIDI support for use with keyboards, computers, DAWs and electronic drum kits
- Connectivity Covered - 4 (stereo pairs) outputs; 2-function footswitch jacks for start/stop and count/A/B/fill
- Production-Ready Features - Sound stacking, step editing, stereo samples with reverb and ambience
- ALL IN ONE and EASY TO USE: Works as an audio interface plus mixing station. Integrating audio mixing equipment into 1 comprehensive solution. It...
- SPECIAL EFFECTS: Four user recordable, eight Built-in special audio effects, and various adjustments available for your creation. Fixed audio effects...
- BORN FOR LIVE STREAMING: MAONO podcast equipment soundboard supports up to 2 people, 4 devices, and 4 platforms to stream simultaneously. Highlights...
- START YOUR OWN CONCERT: 10-step reverb & 12-step electronic music & 3 modifiable tones (Treble, mid-range, bass) make this audio interface more...
- PACKAGE LIST: 1* MIC, 1* Mic Cable, 1* Mic tripod, 1* windscreen muff, 1* Audio interface mixer, 1* Charging cable, 2* 3.5mm TRRS Audio Cable, 1* User...
- FL Studio Music Production Essential- Dedicated USB MIDI hardware controller for the FL Studio DAW platform with seamless plug-and-play connectivity
- Workflow Revolution - 64 velocity-sensitive RGB Pads for creation of patterns in the step sequencer and recording notes / synth parts on a pad-based...
- Beat Production Simplified – Transform Fire into a beat maker essential with a MPC Style 16-pad layout in Drum Mode
- Maximum Tweak-Ability - 4 banks of assignable Touch-Capacitive MIDI knobs / encoders for controlling Mixer, Channel and custom User-Assignable...
- Improved Navigation - Instantly navigate the Channel Rack, Browser, Tool Bar and Playlist windows; dedicated controls to browse audio and project...
- Production on the move: Ultra compact mpc fuses legendary mpc production with the processing power of your computer; Compact design is less than 1 ½...
- MPC software: Production suite combining 128 track sequencing capability, real time time stretching, advanced midi editing capability, VST...
- MPC workflow: 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, legendary MPC workflow & MPC swing, note repeat & full level controls and touch sensitive knobs provide...
- Reimagined aesthetics: New rugged design with black brushed aluminium body and refined aluminium data dial
- Infinite sounds, unlimited inspiration; includes the bank; an MPC expansion workstation packed with in demand sounds including basses, leads, effects,...
- Includes full version of ITCH software
- 4 channel layout with FX
- 20-channel USB 2.0 soundcard
- 168 individual MIDI messages available
- Fully compatible with other leading DJ software
- 6 analog voices, up to 12 PCM voices
- Save up to 100 Kit and 100 pattern presets
- 12 multi-touch, double-velocity pads
- 64-Step sequencer, 8 parameters per step
- Usb and 2.5mm MIDI, audio in and out