It is increasingly common to work from home and, therefore, in current homes it is increasingly common to have a special area for work or study. New technologies and the need to reconcile working life with personal life have favored the expansion of freelancing, in those professions that this type of work may exist.
The professional environment has also changed, with new job profiles and new tasks or types of companies that only need a computer, a table, and a chair where they can work comfortably. Many types of digital entrepreneurs, founders of tech startups, etc.
These are some of these professional profiles that they often take advantage of to create an office in their own home, making it their usual place of work. Especially for self-employed workers, working and living are less and less independent, but today it is not exceptional to take do everything from the comfort of your home.
In order for the benefit of this to be truly realized, we need to redistribute the space in the home and design a really comfortable and well-planned space. We must think carefully about our needs when designing the work area in our home, since only then will this place become a truly productive space, with the same comforts as a professional office.
Whether we have a separate room for this or we must integrate it into some other room in the house, we must ensure that this ‘home office’ is practical and comfortable. We must also think about its aesthetics since the area that we incorporate must fit with the decoration of the rest of the house so that it represents a contribution to the rest of the spaces.
Here are the main elements that should not be missing in a home office:
Computers are an essential part of your office and you will surely ask yourself: desktop computers, laptops or both? The answer will depend on your preferences, needs, and possibilities. If you travel a lot, then you need a laptop. If your job demands a top-class computer, then the desktop is the right one for you.
It is essential to be connected to the web, and the most recommended is a broadband connection to save you valuable time. Be sure to hire a reliable service provider! You will need the stability and strength of the signal to be able to carry out your work smoothly.
Some of the most important are the monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, webcam, headphones, etc. The important thing is that you have a large monitor screen, the dimensions will depend on the job you do, which is more practical, you can even have two monitors if necessary. Also, a high prevision mouse is an important and durable keyboard.
Telephone / Smartphone
The telephone and smartphone are complementary to voice over IP tools, very useful when working from home. Remember that a good and fluid conversation will help you have a better relationship with your customers. Landline phones can be useful in some situations too. Also, the smartphone can serve you for many things while you are not at home, close to your computer.
In case you work from home you will need a great chair with back and neck support. This is important because freelancers know to stay up late working on some projects and dealing with back pain is something they don’t need.
Your office must have good lighting, try as much as possible to be natural, as this will help you avoid headaches and eyestrain. There are plenty of options and smart LED lights allow you to adjust them the way you want them.
Essential to give you practicality, stay connected, help you be more productive, and speed up time. Some of these software applications are email, voice over IP applications, instant messaging, smstrackers.com, automatic back-up programs, among others.
Make a list of everything you need in your daily life such as clips, staplers, highlighters, folders, files, scissors, envelopes, etc.
Other tips for home office
Create multifunctional spaces
They are dynamic spaces that must adapt to new needs, which is why they need more and more multifunctional spaces every day, designed so that we feel comfortable and can find inspiration at any time.
To create one, take advantage of unused spaces
We can install a home office in an unused corner, inside the bedroom, in a hallway, in the attic or mezzanine, under the stairs, or even in a central communication space between the bedrooms and the stairs. The important thing is that you can work comfortably in a very pleasant and well-resolved environment. There are times when we have certain abandoned rooms, as it usually happens with attics. If this is your case, do not waste any more time and start designing it.
If the attic does not have a lot of natural light, a good option is to enlarge the dimensions of the window; the attics or mezzanines are spaces with a lot of potentials, although their reform may take more time and money, all the investment is worth it.
How to decorate a modern home office?
Decorating a modern home office will help improve the mood and performance of each person who uses it. Some tips to achieve this are the following:
-To decorate you can have a decorative plant, the living elements help us relax and improve mood.
-Only have work-related objects in your office, in a clean and orderly manner.
-Be careful when choosing colors, because they generate physical and emotional reactions. Go for light colors like white, gray, and ivory.
-It incorporates led lights in the lighting design, it is a much more energy-efficient technology, and therefore, more respectful of the planet.
-Simplicity and functionality in the furniture are vital to achieving a modern style, the furniture returns to straight lines.
-Last but not least, add your personal touch, whether, through family photos, books, or an accessory that reminds you of happy moments, this will make you feel happier during the time you are in your office.
Follow all our advice and enjoy your freelancing, which will be very productive that way.
- Package Includes: 50pcs binder clips (3 sizes: 15mm/0.59inch, 19mm/0.75inch, 25mm/0.98inch), 170pcs paper clips (2 sizes: 28mm/1.1inch, 50mm/1.97inch)...
- Premium Materials & Economical: The binder clips are made of high-quality metal iron and their handles are processed by advanced nickel plating...
- Efficient Documents Organizer: Assorted sizes and multicolor are suitable for information labeling and documents organization of different thickness,...
- Unlimited Application: Keep your documents, examination paper, flyer, refills, envelopes, posters and tickets well organized; also for food clamps,...
- Convenient to Store: The binder clips,paper clips and rubber bands set are separately stored in one transparent plastic box, which neatly saves office...
- 【Easy to Assemble】The desk organizer is designed can be install without screw.The entire installation process can be completed within 1 minutes....
- 【Include】1 Sliding drawer 1 Business Card Holder 2 Pencil Holders 4 Sliding trays.
- 【High Quality】The mesh construction desk file organizer, frame is constructed of industrial-strength steel wire mesh, and reinforced with a solid...
- 【Humanize Design】The desk stackable file tray, help you dentify the contents of each compartment quickly. Offer enough storage space to put up all...
- 【100% Refund Commitment 】Daltack offer 90-day return policy. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we'll help to solve it...
- Vintage Sticky Tabs: These clear sticky notes, with gentle and vintage colors, are more characteristics and eye-catching than others.
- Easy to Use: Just peel off and stick on where you need. You can write on plastic sticky notes with a pencil or marker. While you can write on paper...
- Wide Application: These annotation tabs are perfect for sticking on surfaces such as books, folders, glass, monitors, and document organizers. These...
- Quality Material: The package includes papery sticky notes and plastic sticky notes. The papery sticky notes are compatible with lots of pens. The...
- Quantity ：7 pads; 1500 pieces in total.
- Attractive midnight black smooth matte finish
- Four full shelves for files
- Sliding door on top pulls out to cover file shelves
- Large, pull-out drawer for pens and desk supplies
- 14 x 10.75 x 9.75-Inch
- [ALL IN ONE POWER OUTLET]: Depending on its 8 outlets with 4 USB ports, the outlet tower could charge up to 12 devices simultaneously, which makes it...
- [USB FAST CHARGING]: Its built-in smart IC could detect charging devices and deliver optimal charging speed automatically, the 4.2A current helps you...
- [TOWER DESIGN FOR SPACE-SAVING]: The 8 AC outlets splitter is ideal for office & home use, and its tower design provides large space for plugs and...
- [ALL-ROUND PROTECTED CIRCUIT BREAKER]: The power tower outlet is with 10-security protections, such as surge protection, which will cut off power...
- [ENERGY SAVER]: Its built-in 2 independent power switches on the top & 1 USB button are for energy saving, so that you can control outlets and USB...