It is increasingly common to work from home and, therefore, in current homes it is increasingly common to have a special area for work or study. New technologies and the need to reconcile working life with personal life have favored the expansion of freelancing, in those professions that this type of work may exist.
The professional environment has also changed, with new job profiles and new tasks or types of companies that only need a computer, a table, and a chair where they can work comfortably. Many types of digital entrepreneurs, founders of tech startups, etc.
These are some of these professional profiles that they often take advantage of to create an office in their own home, making it their usual place of work. Especially for self-employed workers, working and living are less and less independent, but today it is not exceptional to take do everything from the comfort of your home.
In order for the benefit of this to be truly realized, we need to redistribute the space in the home and design a really comfortable and well-planned space. We must think carefully about our needs when designing the work area in our home, since only then will this place become a truly productive space, with the same comforts as a professional office.
Whether we have a separate room for this or we must integrate it into some other room in the house, we must ensure that this ‘home office’ is practical and comfortable. We must also think about its aesthetics since the area that we incorporate must fit with the decoration of the rest of the house so that it represents a contribution to the rest of the spaces.
Here are the main elements that should not be missing in a home office:
Computers are an essential part of your office and you will surely ask yourself: desktop computers, laptops or both? The answer will depend on your preferences, needs, and possibilities. If you travel a lot, then you need a laptop. If your job demands a top-class computer, then the desktop is the right one for you.
It is essential to be connected to the web, and the most recommended is a broadband connection to save you valuable time. Be sure to hire a reliable service provider! You will need the stability and strength of the signal to be able to carry out your work smoothly.
Some of the most important are the monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, webcam, headphones, etc. The important thing is that you have a large monitor screen, the dimensions will depend on the job you do, which is more practical, you can even have two monitors if necessary. Also, a high prevision mouse is an important and durable keyboard.
Telephone / Smartphone
The telephone and smartphone are complementary to voice over IP tools, very useful when working from home. Remember that a good and fluid conversation will help you have a better relationship with your customers. Landline phones can be useful in some situations too. Also, the smartphone can serve you for many things while you are not at home, close to your computer.
In case you work from home you will need a great chair with back and neck support. This is important because freelancers know to stay up late working on some projects and dealing with back pain is something they don’t need.
Your office must have good lighting, try as much as possible to be natural, as this will help you avoid headaches and eyestrain. There are plenty of options and smart LED lights allow you to adjust them the way you want them.
Essential to give you practicality, stay connected, help you be more productive, and speed up time. Some of these software applications are email, voice over IP applications, instant messaging, smstrackers.com, automatic back-up programs, among others.
Make a list of everything you need in your daily life such as clips, staplers, highlighters, folders, files, scissors, envelopes, etc.
Other tips for home office
Create multifunctional spaces
They are dynamic spaces that must adapt to new needs, which is why they need more and more multifunctional spaces every day, designed so that we feel comfortable and can find inspiration at any time.
To create one, take advantage of unused spaces
We can install a home office in an unused corner, inside the bedroom, in a hallway, in the attic or mezzanine, under the stairs, or even in a central communication space between the bedrooms and the stairs. The important thing is that you can work comfortably in a very pleasant and well-resolved environment. There are times when we have certain abandoned rooms, as it usually happens with attics. If this is your case, do not waste any more time and start designing it.
If the attic does not have a lot of natural light, a good option is to enlarge the dimensions of the window; the attics or mezzanines are spaces with a lot of potentials, although their reform may take more time and money, all the investment is worth it.
How to decorate a modern home office?
Decorating a modern home office will help improve the mood and performance of each person who uses it. Some tips to achieve this are the following:
-To decorate you can have a decorative plant, the living elements help us relax and improve mood.
-Only have work-related objects in your office, in a clean and orderly manner.
-Be careful when choosing colors, because they generate physical and emotional reactions. Go for light colors like white, gray, and ivory.
-It incorporates led lights in the lighting design, it is a much more energy-efficient technology, and therefore, more respectful of the planet.
-Simplicity and functionality in the furniture are vital to achieving a modern style, the furniture returns to straight lines.
-Last but not least, add your personal touch, whether, through family photos, books, or an accessory that reminds you of happy moments, this will make you feel happier during the time you are in your office.
Follow all our advice and enjoy your freelancing, which will be very productive that way.
- 【Multi-function Storage 】BUILT-IN drawer are perfect for organizing office supplies and accessories for a more productive and tidy working...
- 【Space-Saving & Stable】The two-story space allows large gaming keyboards, Xbox game consoles, cable TV boxes and other large items to be used...
- 【Humanized Design】Raises your monitor up to eye level for comfortable ergonomic viewing experience, relieving the strain of the neck, shoulder and...
- 【2-Tier Monitor stand】Makes it ideal for all computers, monitors and laptops, great for use at home, the office or a home office
- 【Dimension】16"W x 10"D x6.25"H
- Packaging includes: 1 set of acrylic transparent computer display side panels (left and right)
- Product Size(L*W):11.81“* 2.55”
- Provide additional workspace for the desktop without clutter.
- Keeping and displaying notes, photos or reminders/additional pockets is ideal for storing small items, such as clips, notes, movie tickets or business...
- Durable, non-reusable adhesives are easy to remove without damaging the surface.
- 【Ergonomic Design Wrist Rest】The keyboard wrist rest and mouse wrist rest pad set fits on the wrist. Computer wrist rest can maximum reduce wrist...
- 【Optimal accessories 3-in-1 Set】Include a keyboard wrist rest (17x3. 2x0. 98 in) , a mouse pad with wrist support (9.5x8.5x0. 98 in) and a cute...
- 【Excellent-Quality Material】Adopts advanced HD digital printing, which provides ultra clear and delicate pattern. Smooth Lycra fabric allows more...
- 【Safety & durable &comfortable】The keyboard mouse pad set applied soft premium memory foam filled will always bounce back to it’s origin...
- 【Unique Designed Gift】Black marble pattern is more attractive and vibrant. Our ergonomic wrist support for keyboard and mouse pad set stylish in...
- 📚Easy to assemble. It can be assembled with screws and a simple screwdriver (a screwdriver is included in the product), and it can be easily...
- 📚Save space. Maximize the use of your vertical space and keep the desk tidy. By displaying important documents and binders vertically for quick...
- 📚Flexible application. The net-like "pull-out tray" desktop organizer has a sturdy structure and can hold multiple textbooks, binders, documents,...
- 📚All-match artifact. The black low-key color can be matched with different room styles. It can be used efficiently in personal work areas, company...
- 📚The size is approximately 11.8*13.58*12.2 inches. Since the tray may be compressed during transportation, the frame of the tray can be stretched...
- Extra Large Paper Tray: Organize papers, files, documents, letterheads and other stationery on your desktop with this desktop organizer and accessory....
- Rigorous craftsmanship: handmade acrylic file storage each product we carefully selected to ensure product quality, hand polished, rounded edges, warm...
- High quality materials: high quality acrylic file organizer, strong and durable file holder, thickened 5 mm transparent acrylic material, we strictly...
- Customer experience. If you are not satisfied with the products you received or have any suggestions, you are very welcome to contact us in time, we...
- Size. L 13.7 x W 9.2 x H 3.3 inches, Weight: 1.8 lbs x 2 packs.