It has been said that a person’s home is their castle, but if that’s true, then where’s the moat? Every good castle needs a moat! Actually, thinking about it, moats are pretty expensive. Maybe it’s better to just settle for a nice fence. Yes, that will do. Whether you’re trying to keep Mongol hordes out or a wanderlust-prone pup in, or even just hoping to add a little extra value of your property, a fence is a great addition to any home. Just think about it, setting the boundaries of your property is something that was considered important even in the Medieval ages. Even back then people had the sense of protecting their property from all unwanted visitors or some other types of dangers that they might encounter at some point.
In this case, we are talking about castles, so why shouldn’t you take some notes from our ancestors when it comes to protecting your property. So, the real question is: why shouldn’t it be as important today? This way you can prevent possible problems that you might encounter with your neighbors and some of the uncertainties to the knowledge of what is exactly in your possession. Therefore, we really feel that this is something you need to pay attention to. In any case, there is one proper way of telling what is yours and that it’s the fence. There is no better sight than waking up in the morning and drinking a coffee in your backyard, right? Here are three kinds you might want to consider.
If it worked for Leave It to Beaver, it can work for you too. When you’re looking for a fence that serves a decorative purpose more than a practical one, you can’t beat a classic like a picket fence. It’s not likely to keep anyone off your property, but it’s sure to give your house a stylish, homey look that will set it apart from all the rest. As we said, this will not provide the highest possible level of security to your yard, but you will have a stylish fence that will provide a classy look to your yard as of the whole. Picket is probably the best solution to this issue and you will be able to obtain it for a relatively small price that’ll fit anybody’s pocket.
Ranging between 3 ft. and 5 ft. in height, a picket fence doesn’t offer much in the way of privacy, but it’s an eye-catching way of delineating the limits of your property. Best of all, they can easily be customized with shaped slats, decorated with unique accessories, painted to match your home, or integrated into a flower bed to give your yard a beautiful, “overgrown” vibe. So, you can see that even with, let’s say, the first version of what you’re getting, you can still use some additional things and customize it. Though traditionally built using wood, nowadays vinyl picket fences provide a longer-lasting but no less eye-pleasing alternative.
If you don’t need one, adding a fence to your home might seem like an unnecessary expense, especially if you plan to move later on. After all, according to redfin.com the cost of selling a house is enough the way it is, so why add to it? Simply put, because even a small change can add value to your home, allowing you to charge a higher asking price. Cha-ching! Anyway, even if you are not looking to move in a foreseeable future, there is nothing wrong with adding some value to your property. That way you can provide a level your house deserves and you can be ready for sale if it happens at some point in the future.
If you’re looking to save a few bucks, then you probably want to go with a simple, no-frills, low-cost option like a chain-link fence. What a chain link fence lacks in aesthetics it more than makes up for in functionality, offering a sturdy and reliable barrier that has the added benefit of creating noise when someone attempts to climb it (consider it a low-tech security alarm). Best of all, the chain link is available at around $5 to $20 per foot (depending on height) and outlasts many other types of fencing materials.
The future is now! Admit it, you’ve always wanted to have your own personal sci-fi force field. Well, now you can. Um, sort of. Invisible fencing is ideal for those who want the practical benefits of a fence without the claustrophobic feeling that comes with building a miniature wall around your house. This is not something that’s completely uncommon in this day and age, but we can see that this is definitely not something that you will see every day. Therefore, if you are looking for something that will make you stand out from the crowd, we highly recommend you use an invisible fence. At the same time, it should be said that this is not something that will require a massive investment on your behalf.
Specifically, invisible fencing is useful for keeping pets from wandering off your property. Invisible fences work by entombing wires in the ground around the perimeter of your home while you outfit your furry friend with a special collar. When your pet comes too close to the perimeter, it triggers an ultra-high frequency warning sound (too high for human ears). If they try crossing the perimeter, they’ll experience a humane but effective, minor static shock. Perfect for families who want to keep their animals safe while still providing a sense of open-air freedom. Moreover, we need to say that this is the most logical move for people who are taking care of a large number of animals in their households.
As we said, even with the latest trends of protection of your households in this day and age, we wouldn’t say that there is something wrong with setting the boundaries between you and your neighbors. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you want to completely divide yourself from all other households in your surroundings. No, we are talking about giving you the feeling of knowing what is exactly in your possession. Having a house and a backyard of your own is a beautiful thing that will provide you with multiple benefits. Therefore, we’ve provided you with 3 main types of fences you can use for dividing your yard from neighboring yards.
- DIMENSIONS: Each panel measures 30"H x 56.5"W: Package comes with 2 units for a total of 113 inches of fence
- EASY INSTALL: Assembles and installs with relative ease- no digging required! Simply insert pointed stakes into the ground
- GREEN INITIATIVE: We are proud to announce that our vinyl is made up of recycled PVC that is reprocessed, reinforced, and repurposed, reducing the...
- PET FRIENDLY: Perfect to contain small pets or small children; Not recommended for large dogs
- COMPATIBLE: Search "ZP19028" for compatible gate option to pair with this fence
- 1 PANEL PURCHASE: You will receive 1 panel with your purchase; Purchase as many necessary to beautify your space!
- DIMENSIONS: This wood privacy screen measures 60.5” H x 38.63” W
- NOTE TO CUSTOMER: Beware of lower quality knock-offs. Always look for the Enclo name before you buy!
- ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Assembly is required; Please allow for 90 minutes of assembly time for the screen
- ENHANCED HEIGHT: This screen measures 5 ft high which allows for easy coverage for most unsightly outdoor items such as trash cans, air conditioning...
- 【Patent Pending】Decorative and Rustproof: The classic square design adds a modern touch to your garden, backyard, front yard, patio or yard. Black...
- Dimension: The height of each piece of the decorative garden fence is 24 inch(7'' stakes in soil) and the width is 13 inch, with a total of 10 panels....
- Extra Barrier: Use OUSHENG fence to keep small animals away from your plants, this may not stop large dogs from digging all over your garden, but it...
- Assembly Required: Assembled by screwing the pointed feet into the fence. These metal fence panels can be cleverly connected via an interlocking...
- 100% Satisfied Solution: Order with confidence knowing you are backed by our 100% satisfied solution.
- 🐕【Heavy-duty metal】Made of heavy duty metal frame with black sprayed finish, oxidation resistant and waterproof square tubes ensures safe and...
- 🐕【Convenient to store】This playpen can be disassembled into a flat and compact size for easy storage when not in use. Flat packing size is also...
- 🐕【Well protected】The product is protected in several layers of wrapping materials and the package has passed 10 times drop tests to ensure the...
- 🐕【Easy assembly】Dog fences are easy to set up within a few minutes under the detailed instructions quickly and without difficulties. No tools...
- 🐕【Safe & Secure】 Appropriate bar spacing keeps your pets safe in the exercise pen. The latch on the door locks automatically as you close....
- DIMENSIONS: Each panel measures 39”H x 36”W
- WHAT'S INSIDE: Each unit contains (5) 36”W x 39”H panels and 6 stakes for a total of 180” of fencing; For gate options search item code WF29014
- EASY INSTALL: Easily removed and re-installed (no concrete necessary); to install, simply insert the stakes (included) into the ground
- SEMI-PERMANENT: This fence is designed for semi-permanent residential applications that are not subject to intense wear and tear; not recommended for...
- FULLY SCALABLE: Additional units can be purchased to create more fencing
Q: What are the different types of fencing?
A: Foil. Foil fencing is probably the most popular form of fencing and is preferred by most beginners. … Épée (epee) Similar to foil fencing,in épée fencing the objective is to touch the tip of your épée blade to the opponent’s target area. Sabre (saber) Probably the most unique form of fencing is the sabre. …
Q: What are the different types of fence?
A: Different fences for different purposes, but some are more popular than others. The most common fence types include wood, metal, and vinyl fencing. Vinyl fencing is the least expensive type of fence to install because it requires less maintenance down the road.
Q: What are the different types of metal fencing?
A: Metal Fences. Metal fencing has long been reliable, long lasting, attractive, and aside from stone, the strongest of traditional types of fencing. There are three main types of metal fencing: aluminum, wrought iron and chain link. All have their strong points and weak points, but any of them will be a great choice to use to build your fence.
Q: What is a backyard fence?
A: Backyard fences tend to be 6 to 8 feet tall to ensure privacy, and the most popular fencing material is wood pickets. Fences in the front yard are generally decorative—think white picket fence—and are 3 to 4 feet tall. Front-yard fences add to curb appeal and can be an important part of a landscaping plan.