As technology advances, we feel more secure, but sometimes just because of that high tech, we feel like there are devices that could help people break into our homes. Home security systems are crucial for every family. This is for both when you are home and when you are on vacation and your house is empty. It is a known fact that you can buy these systems pretty much everywhere, but do you know which one is the best for your house?
Before purchasing the security system, there are a few things you need to think about. The first one, of course, is your budget. When browsing, you should not look at things you cannot afford and you should stick only to your price range. The next thing you need to think is about the size of your home. Depending on the type (apartment or house) and the size of it, you should choose one that covers all the doors and/or windows. You can also choose systems with different types of installation, so you should do good research on how you want to install it. Last, but not least, you should choose the security type depending on what you want to protect. Is it just the house, or do you want to have alarms in your garage and maybe shed? Look at all the possibilities before you decide on one type and remember that this is a life-changing decision.
To help you will all the choices, we made this buying guide. Here you can look at the best home security systems and what they can do for you:
1. ADT Home Security
The company that stands behind this security has been on the market for more than 140 years. That should say something about their quality, right?
The great thing about it is that you can choose what you want to get, starting from all the smart options, apps, even security cameras, and extra alarms. They work well combined with systems from other companies as well, so you can combine to get everything you want.
The price for this system starts from $45.99 per month and it depends on what you want and what you need. The few negative sides include that you have to get professional installation and that if you choose the basic package you won’t get the smart devices applications access.
2. Vivint Home Security
This company offers a unique possibility to build your own system. You don’t have to choose from any of the packages offered and you can get only what you need. Their services include not only smart devices but also environmental monitoring, smart cameras, and intrusion protection.
The price for the system starts at $38.99 per month and there are flexible playing options as well as flexible equipment configuration.
However, users say that if you choose this company, you don’t have the option to install the system on your own and that the equipment costs more than the one from other places. You will also have to sign a long contract if you choose the financing equipment option.
3. SimpliSafe Home Security
This is one of the cheapest services on the market and it also offers a 60-day trial to test their product and return it if you don’t like it. It works both with Alexa and Google Assistant and they have more than 3 million customers.
You can install it for only $14.99 per month, but you should know that if you choose the basic package you won’t get mobile alerts or smart home capabilities. They also don’t offer a selection of smart devices.
When you get a new security system, you can choose the company that installs it for you, and if you are looking for TV aerial Installation Newcastle as well, aerialandsatelliteexpress.co.uk suggests that you should choose a company that can provide and install all the equipment you want in your home.
4. Protect America Home Security
The company has been on the market for more than 25 years and they have numerous awards, so users say that this is one of the best companies when it comes to home security.
The price for the systems starts at $19.99 per month and they offer fire and smoke alarms, video services and smart devices. They say that the price matches the guarantee and that you will be able to control your alarm system from your smart device.
However, if you want to use this company, you will have to sign a contract and if you want to get most of the features, you will have to upgrade the plan.
5. Frontpoint Home Security
If you choose this company, you will be able to install the alarms on your own, since they don’t require you to use their services for the installation.
They have great customer service, and you don’t have to sign a contract when getting the system. You can also rent the equipment without buying it. The price for all of this starts at $44.99 per month, but you should know that if you want to get the doorbell camera as well as the outdoor one, you will have to choose some of the premium packages that cost more.
They also offer high monitoring, but it is only available with the most expensive package.
Have you ever had a home security system? What kind was it and are you happy with it? When installing it, you should always have trusted professionals set the system up. This is something that needs to be installed correctly and you want to make sure that it’s working. Check to see what the possibilities are and if you don’t use it for a while, make sure it is working when you use it again.
If you are installing some wireless alarms, you should be always prepared for things like a power outage or anything else that might make the system less secure. Ask the experts that are installing it what’s the worst that can happen, how long is the warranty and what you should do in case it malfunctions.
Having a security alarm in your home is really important because it can save you a lot of time and trouble. Did you know that burglars usually target homes that don’t have any type of alarm installed?
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Store video clips and photos in the cloud with the Blink Subscription Plan and save events locally to the Blink Sync Module 2 via a USB flash drive...
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- Designed so you can set up yourself in minutes. No wiring, no professional installation required.
- A great fit for 2-4 bedroom homes, this Alarm Kit includes one Base Station, two Keypads, eight Contact Sensors, two Motion Detectors, and one Range...
- Includes an intuitive Keypad that can arm and disarm your Alarm and Contact Sensors that detect when doors or windows open.
- Choose the Ring Alarm Kit that fits your needs and detect even more with additional Alarm Sensors and accessories (sold separately) at any time.
- With a Ring Protect Plan (subscription required, sold separately), receive mobile notifications when your system is triggered, change your Alarm...
- Level-up your protection. Get 24/7 emergency police, fire and medical response with optional Alarm Professional Monitoring, keep your Ring Alarm...
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately); Audio not supported
- Patented 100 percent Wire Free design for easy placement anywhere and field of view 110 degree
- Night vision cameras work even in the dark
- Motion activated cameras and real time email or app notifications
- Records and alerts only when motion is detected so no battery power ever goes wasted Battery:Four Lithium CR123 Photo
- Help protect your home inside and out with the Blink Whole Home bundle featuring Video Doorbell, Outdoor, Mini, and Sync Module 2.
- See, hear, and speak from your smartphone with HD live view and two-way audio from the Blink Home Monitor app.
- Choose to save and share clips in the cloud with a free 30-day trial of the Blink Subscription Plan or locally with the included Sync Module 2.
- Get up to two years of powerful battery life with Video Doorbell and Outdoor.
- Receive customizable motion detection alerts so you’re only notified when you need to be.
- Safe and Secure – Ward off would-be intruders with a up to 120-decibel alarm triggered by a high-quality magnetic sensor, or choose for a chime to...
- User Friendly – Features an easy-to-use OFF/CHIME/ALARM switch on the side of the alarm to let you choose your preference of alert, comes in a set...
- Easy Install – Experience wire and hassle-free mounting with the included double-sided tape, everything you need is included in the box
- Battery Operated – Powered by 4 LR44 button batteries (included) and features a battery test button and low battery indicator LED
- Peace of Mind – These home security products are designed and tested to fortify your home with a reliable layer of protection, empowering you to...
- 【EASY AND QUICK INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL & NO MONTHLY FEES】-- There are absolutely no monthly fees, installation costs, or contracts required. Buy...
- 【APP CONTROL】 : When important entry areas such as windows/doors are opened, or when motion is detected, get a instant push alerts on your phone...
- 【COMPLETE CONTROL FROM SMART LIFE APP】-- This self-monitoring system allows you to arm and disarm the system, get notifications, set alarm modes,...
- 【#1 CHOICE FOR RENTERS AND FREQUENT MOVERS】-- Most landlords do not allow you to drill holes in the wall or install complex security systems so...
- 【PROTECTION FOR BREAK-INS & EMERGENCIES】-- Be the first to know when doors and windows open. Link all your Wi-Fi Alarm components and pair them to...
- ✅ALPHA WIRELESS SECURITY SYSTEM - A smart way to protect your house with tolviviov Smart Home Security System. 8-piece kit includes the 1 alarm...
- ✅SMART ALARM SYSTEM for Home - tolviviov Alarm Security System is an affordable solution for your apartment security. You have full control over the...
- ✅CUSTOMIZATION - You can add extra door and window sensors, motion detectors, wireless doorbell, and water detectors to different rooms in your home...
- ✅DIY INSTALLATION - Easily set up tolviviov Wireless Home Security System in minutes without tools. The wireless connection devices does not damage...
- ✅VOICE CONTROL and WIFI Network - Your tolviviov Home Alarm System can be easily controlled by Away, Disarm, and Home modes with your voice. Works...
Check Out Also:
Q: What are the top 10 home security systems?
A: – SimpliSafe – Overall Best No Monthly Fee Security. – Abode – Best No Contract Security. – Ring – Best No Monthly Fee Doorbell Camera. – Arlo – Best No Monthly Fee Security Camera. – Nest – Best DIY Install With No Fee.
Q: What is the highest rated home security system?
A: Motion Activation: This feature allows the camera to start recording when it detects motion. Smartphone Alerts: Customizable alerts can be sent to your smartphone or tablet when something happens on-camera. Video Quality: Resolution is important for seeing key details,so look for at least full high-definition (HD) video (1080p or 2 megapixels). …
Q: Who makes the best home security system?
A: ADT – Best for Versatility SimpliSafe – Best No-contract Option Frontpoint – Best DIY Home Security Setup Brinks Home – Best for Phone Monitoring Vivint – Best for Home and Vehicles Ring – Best Budget Option Abode – Best for Smart Homes
Q: What is the best self installed home security system?
A: Compare our favorite self-monitored home security systems Ring Alarm 5-Piece Kit. … Blink XT2 Smart Security Camera Kit. … Abode Essentials Starter Kit. … HeimVision Wireless Surveillance System. … ZOSI Security Camera System. …