The concrete wall effect in flats has become one of the most sought-after trends in modern interior design. It gives the space a raw but elegant feel, which fits perfectly with industrial or modern aesthetics. But how to achieve this effect without engaging in major renovation work? The answer is one: microcement.
Microcement, also known as micro concrete or beton cire, is a material that is gaining popularity for its versatility and ease of application. But what makes it the ideal choice for those who want to achieve a concrete wall effect?
- Aesthetics: microcement perfectly mimics the look and texture of concrete to create an authentic effect.
- Versatility: You are not limited to just walls; micro concrete can also be used on floors, ceilings and furniture.
- Easy application: Unlike concrete, beton cire can be easily applied to existing surfaces.
- Strength and durability: The material is resistant to abrasion and moisture, making it long-lasting.
- Waterproof: This is an extremely important advantage, especially in the context of bathrooms and other wet areas.
- Hypoallergenic: The micro concrete is also a good choice for people with allergies, as it does not cause allergic reactions.
How to Achieve the Concrete Wall Effect Step by Step
Once you have decided that microcement is the material for you, it is a good idea to get an idea of the basic steps in its application. Although the process is not particularly complex, it does require a precise approach and attention to detail.
- Surface Preparation: First, make sure the wall is dry, clean and free of any cavities. You may need to apply a base coat to even out the surface.
- Priming: This is a key step that ensures better adhesion of the micro concrete to the surface. Apply the primer and wait for it to dry well.
- Beton cire application: Using a special spatula, apply a thin layer of microcement to the wall. This process can be repeated several times, depending on the desired effect.
- Polishing and Sealing: After each layer of micro concrete has been applied and has dried, the wall should be lightly sanded. Then, after the final layer, apply a sealer to protect the surface and give it a glossy finish.
Where Is the Concrete Wall Effect Best Applied?
The concrete wall effect is most often associated with raw, industrial interiors, but its application is much broader. It can go well in modern living rooms, minimalist bedrooms and even elegant offices. Thanks to its water resistance, beton cire will also work well in bathrooms.
Impact on Interior Aesthetics
Using micro concrete to create the effect of concrete walls opens up new perspectives in interior design. Not only does it add a raw, industrial feel, but it also allows you to create a contrast with other, more traditional design elements. For example, a concrete wall can provide the perfect backdrop for classic furniture, adding modernity but also warmth and depth to the interior.
How Do You Choose the Right Microcement?
Choosing the right micro concrete is key to achieving a satisfying final result. There are various products available on the market, differing in composition, colour and even texture. It is therefore advisable to consult a professional who can help you choose the right product for your needs.
Is Microcement Suitable for Everyone?
Despite its many advantages, beton cire may not be the best choice for everyone. It is a relatively expensive material and works best when applied by an experienced professional. However, if you value unique design and high quality, micro concrete may be the perfect solution for you.
Achieving the effect of concrete walls in your home is now easier than ever, thanks to the versatility and numerous benefits of microcement. Not only can you enjoy a durable and aesthetically pleasing finish, but you can also benefit from advantages such as being waterproof and hypoallergenic. The final result depends on many factors, including the product chosen and the expertise of the person applying the micro concrete, so it’s worth taking advice from professionals in the field.
Recommended microcement manufacturer -> Festfloor