Water is undoubtedly an important commodity for everyone. In the modern era where diseases are increasing at a tremendous rate, water quality has become more crucial. A surprising fact is that most diseases are caused due to poor quality of water.
This bad quality is significantly due to contaminants stuck in your installed water heater. There are elements such as magnesium concentrate, calcium, and many such things that deteriorate the condition of the water. In order to avoid such dilemmas, a rich-quality water softener is a perfect solution. The best water softener for your tankless water heater options is listed in the following section.
Top Water Softeners For Tankless Water Heater In 2023
1. Clearwave CW-125 Softener
Clearwave should be your must-buy option if the existing water heater faces regular blockages. It provides users with the required convenience of installing and removing the impurities in pipes, taps, and appliances.
It is effective at removing contaminants such as salt (magnesium or calcium), dust, harmful bacteria, and so on. It is built in such a way that it releases electromagnetic waves to clean the filter. This rigorous process forces out most impurities, relieving hard water issues.
Clearwave is also an effective solution as it not only limits the impurities from entering, but it also allows the existing particles to move through the filter smoothly. Apart from this, an additional benefit of this softener is that it comparatively uses less water.
- It has an ecologically friendly and cost-effective pathway for removing impurities.
- It allows for simple fixing and installation of the softener.
- The electromagnetic system uniquely pushes out the impurities.
- It weighs around 2.6 pounds with approximate dimensions of 14 x 4 x 12 inches.
- The system is only available in white and is designed in China.
2. Hardless NG House Water Filter
It is a sophisticated water filter with an outstanding filtration system. It provides excellent performance while requiring little maintenance. The water softener removes contaminants and clears the water in five stages. The filtration system is easy and simple to install.
It effectively removes different contaminants, including chlorine, sediment, and other chemicals. Although the product might seem small in size, it can efficiently connect different taps of the house.
- Its 5-stage cleaning process provides an edge over its competitors as it rigorously eliminates the impurities from the root.
- It prevents hair and skin diseases or conditions caused by bad quality water.
- As the product is small in size, it is an optimal option for houses with less space.
- It is an eco-friendly option since it does not use electricity or salt, thereby minimizing environmental damage. Adding to this benefit, it employs minimal water for cleaning.
- Its compact design is handy and can be fitted easily anywhere.
- The product’s total weight is nearly 5 pounds, measuring 4.5 x 6.7 x 10.5 inches.
3. 3M Aqua-Pure Water Softener
Well-known for its exceptional versatility, the purifying device is built with attractive specs. It defends the connected water heater from a variety of contaminants. Because the softener contains polyphosphates, installing this system also improves the life of your water heater.
It eliminates impurities through pipes and downstream plumbing fixtures. It exerts greater pressure to get rid off the contaminants with around 25 to 125 Pounds Per Square Inch (PPSI) efficiency. Furthermore, it works with a variety of appliances, including boilers, dishwashers, washing machines, and flat-surface appliances.
- Because it is composed of stainless steel, it is appropriate for modern-built pipes and faucets.
- It is compatible not only with different appliances but can also be fitted in different pipe sizes. However, you will be required to make some adjustments for installation.
- Aside from its versatility, it is an impactful softener due to its amazing polyphosphate shield.
- The most vital characteristic of this product is that you can easily and quickly replace it with a new one.
- It is a light device weighing only 1 pound with dimensions of 2.8 x 2.8 x 12.99 inches.
- With an impressive streaming rate of 10 gallons per minute, the product is an appropriate option for old-styled tankless water heaters.
4. Camco TastePure Water Filter/Softener
Camco water filter is the most demanded product for purifying impurities in hard water. Whether it is a bad smell or harmful chemicals, this softener can wash away major contaminants. It is versatile and offers great value for money.
Furthermore, due to its incomparable capacity to absorb or eliminate different-sized particles, this softer always remain in high demand. As mentioned above, different softeners come with different filtration systems (like electromagnetic systems, polyphosphates, etc.). This exceptional product has an in-built Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) filtration.
You can fix this softener to a water or gardening hose, which will eliminate particles like sediments, chemicals like chlorine, and bad smell, and safeguards against harmful bacteria. Experts state that this attractive product is an ideal one for RV water tanks, hot tub filling, boats, campers, pets, and gardening.
- The product comes with a wide-body and surface that facilitates high flow.
- The item is a certified product that is appropriate for cleaning large particles. It can remove contaminants of sizes more than 20 microns.
- It is a premium-quality product with a 100-micron fibre barrier.
- The advanced system is easy to fix and attach to this valuable system. Moreover, its KDF filter eliminates the carbon particles quickly through a wide inline system.
- The package comes in dimensions of 2.5 x 2.5 x 10.5 inches with an approximate weight of 1.15 pounds.
5. NuvoH2O Home Duo Water Softener
The Nuvo filtration system is made for you if you are worried about regular bad-tasting water. It can thoroughly eliminate the chances of bad smell, taste, and hard water through its advanced technology.
The CitraCharge technology contains advanced features that clean out your pipes thoroughly. As a result, it avoids any further accumulation of hard substances. An added benefit of installing this system is that it does not harm the environment or surroundings. It avoids salt, electricity usage, and artificial products to vanish the impurities.
Its proven technology aids wash out contaminants such as inorganic chemicals, chlorine, VOC, and similar sediments. Although it is slightly expensive, the product can prove beneficial and cost-effective in the long term.
- Apart from removing impurities, it betters the regular water taste.
- It can clear bacteria and elements larger than 10 microns.
- It is comparatively heavier than other softeners, weighing more than 15 pounds. Its measurements are 22.5 x 10.27 x 5.13 inches.
Read also: Best Electric Toothbrushes for Braces
Buyers Guide For Buying Water Softener For Tankless Water Heater
There are various technical and non-technical aspects attached to a water softener for tankless water heaters. These factors determine the buying decision of the people. You should consider these factors and get the most impactful solution for your needs.
Salt Or The Less Popular Saltless Water Softener
You will find various products or water softeners mentioning whether they are salt or saltless. The former is a bigger and heavier one than the latter. The large size will give you alternative purchase options like magnetic, electric, etc.
The salt-based water softeners are more effective in cleaning and ripping out the hard impurities. However, its counterpart calls for less cleaning and maintenance. Moreover, it assists to save money. It depends on the buyer to pick between the two types of softeners.
Size Of The Softener
It is crucial to purchase a water filtration system that meets user requirements. You should get an understanding of the efficiency and success rate of the softener. It can be a complete waste of money if proper research is not done, especially on the dimensions of the softener.
Here, the size not only refers to the physical dimensions, but also the inner filtration system and technology. In other words, the size of the filter should be adequate to clean the impurities present in your water heater. A buyer should undoubtedly consider the approximate number of microns or particles it eliminates in a certain time frame or cycle.
Features Of The Product
It is common for people to check several features and downsides of a product before buying it. The same goes when buying a softener. You should be well-versed with the softener’s features and aspects, such as impurities controlling efficiency, duration of one cycle, required quantity of water for effective utilization of the softener, and automatic control system, among many others.
Apart from these, there are two common methods to control the filter cycles (water softener timer controls and softer DIR controls). A person should consider their needs and choose one. In the former type, the recharge is not done manually. It is done based on the average usage within a fixed interval.
You should avoid filters with this method (water softener timer controls) if there is an irregularity in the water usage per day. The other method involves a more technologically sound system that perceives and senses the need for recharge based on water usage.
Cost And Monetary Constraints
Budget planning is crucial when a person buys an uncommon and less-demanded appliance or item. When you think of buying a water softener, you must list down all the potential options and mention the cost of every softener against it. Moreover, you should write different key characteristics and specs in front of these options.
After noting down different options, get the lowest and the highest budget or range. Based on this range, buyers should shortlist the best alternatives. It is crucial to see what gives the buyer the best at an affordable rate. In this way, you can have the best water softener at the most affordable price range.
Warranty And Money-Back Benefits
Additional benefits, rewards and features often result in customer delight while purchasing an item. Warranty plays a significant role in getting an ideal water softener. It becomes more important when a buyer does not know the exact working and optimality of the softener.
It is difficult to predict whether or not the product will perform to its full potential. As a result, features such as a warranty and money-back guarantee should be considered when purchasing a new water softener for a tankless water heater.
There has to be a way to solve every issue in this world. Whether your water samples taste bad or become hardened, technology has a solution in the form of a water softener. It removes potentially corrosive water particles and provides disease-free drinking water.
The above guide provides complete know-how and top picks for buying the most suitable water softener for a tankless water heater. Next time, buyers will not need to rethink or worry before installing a tankless water heater. The only task you require to perform is to research various water softeners and buy one.
Why is it essential to buy a water softener with a tankless water heater?
Studies have shown that tankless systems have always shown up an issue, i.e., scale building. If you do not connect a water softener, the water heater will soon show signs of hard water. These signs include a build-up of substances and chemicals like magnesium, calcium, inorganic chemicals, etc. As a result, the water quality will drop, and the life of the heater will be shortened.
What are the maintenance requirements of a tankless water heater and water softener?
Tankless water heaters attract various impurities, which are referred to collectively as scale build-up. This obstructs the flow of water and hardens it. To keep it running smoothly, you should flush the heater on a regular basis. You can also install a tiny water softener to swiftly remove the majority of the scale.
What downsides or disadvantages a water softener user can experience?
A water softener has both advantages and downsides. A significant downside is that the popular softeners (which are salt-based softeners) use salt or sodium to clean out the appliance (heater), which may or may not suit the user. Apart from this, it may prove to be an expensive purchase for many purchasers. Lastly, many health-conscious people believe that their dietary requirements are disturbed after using the softener.
What are the additional advantages of fixing a water softener for a tankless water heater?
There are various extra benefits of the product, apart from eliminating impurities in the heater. A softener can improve the taste of water. As a result, your health will be maintained. The soft water shield will replace the impure and contaminated hard water, which will produce slippery-surfaced water.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- KleenWater transparent water filter housing, water filter cartridge 2.5 x 20 inch, bracket and wrench
- Protects tankless and traditional tank hot water systems and helps avoid costly service calls
- Polyphosphate filter to prevent scale and reduce the harmful effects of water hardness
- Can be installed at the "point of entry" to provide scale and corrosion protection for the entire household
- Compatible with all brands such as Rinnai, ECOTEMP, Rheem, Eemax, Takagi, Noritz, Ecosmart, Atmor, Bosch, Navien and Marey Power
- PROTECT YOUR HOME PLUMBING SYSTEM: Extend the life of your tankless water heater systems and your home appliances with this low-maintenance,...
- WATER SOFTENER ALTERNATIVE: With no salt or harmful chemicals, this environmentally friendly filter prevents scale by transforming dissolved hardness...
- PRETREATMENT FOR REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEM: These anti-scale filters extend the life of your whole-house water system by reducing scale build up,...
- EASY TO INSTALL: It connects to standard American plumbing with 1” NPT inlet and outlet and can be installed with a standard home tool. Installation...
- CLEAN WATER IS OUR MISSION: Applied Membranes has been bringing clean water to families nationwide for almost 40 years. All of our products are made...
- 【Efficient Scale Inhibition】Food-grade polyphosphates, included in the Waterdrop scale inhibitor, can fundamentally inhibit scale formation to...
- 【Energy Conservation】This scale inhibitor can protect your water heater, dishwasher, boilers, downstream plumbing fixtures like faucets and shower...
- 【High Flow Rate】3/4 " NPT inlet/outlet ensures high flow rate of 10 GPM to keep stable water pressure. This scale inhibitor system can be...
- 【Premium Material】This scale inhibitor system is equipped with a durable and anti-rusting 304 stainless steel adapter. Besides, its food-grade and...
- 【Longer Lifespan】Enjoy purified water with this inline scale inhibition system. Every water cartridge can last for 6 months for regular use, which...
- 💧【Protects water appliances】: Please note that the model name of this product is: AQU-WF65, Replacement Cartridge for Aqua-Pure AP430SS/AP431....
- 💧 【Prevents bursting】: Food-grade BPA-free plastic housing adopts excellent strength with latest advanced technology. Accurate design promises...
- 💧【Inhibits limescale】: Scale inhibitor provides you with stable and continuous filtered water without an obvious pressure drop. The flow rate...
- 💧【 Long-lasting service life】: It's recommended that you replace the inhibitor every 6 months for effective scale inhibition, which will vary...
- 💧 【Compatible models】: Replacement for 3M Aqua-Pure AP431, HF8-S, KleenWater KW431. Interchangeable with 3M Aqua-Pure AP430, AP430SS and SF18-S...
- Salt-Free Scale Prevention - The AO-WH-DSCLR naturally reduces scale build up in pipes and plumbing using a salt & chemical-free system. No cleaning,...
- Works For All Your Water Needs - System works effectively on water for use in drinking, cooking, showering & bathing. Perfect for households of 4 or...
- Well Or City Water - Our Whole House Descaler is engineered to work with both well & city water systems.
- Long Lasting & Cost Efficient - Reduces scale build-up for up to 6-Years or 600,000 Gallons. System includes a 6-Year warranty.
- Includes one Whole House Descaler, shut-off valve, hose adapter and nipple - Limited 6-year warranty.
- HOW IT WORKS: Yarna CWD24 is a Patented alternative water softner for homes that treats water with electric pulses generated within the electronic...
- WHO BENEFITS FROM YARNA: Our customers report cleaner pipes and faucets, lower costs for descaling and heating, and better overall water quality using...
- EASY INSTALLATION: All you need is access to a minimum of 10" of free pipe space with a maximum pipe diameter of 1". Yarna whole house water descaler...
- WHY DESCALING IS BETTER THAN SOFTENING: The Yarna CWD24 water softener descaling system won't eliminate beneficial minerals from water. Additionally,...
- 365 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Should you not be satisfied with the product's performance, you have a whole year to return it for a full refund!
- Rated at 100 Micorn. Whole House Spin Down Sediment Water Filter. Ideal frontier water filter protecting your entire plumbing system from sediment,...
- Flushable and reusable takes the considerable workload off finer filters that follow behind it; unlike traditional sediment filters, regular flushing...
- Safe and Reliable. Solid lead-free brass machine head with stainless steel mesh filter screen that usually lasts 1 - 2 years
- User Friendly with double threads.1-inch MNPT and 3/4 inch FNPT on both ends, garden hose barb fitting on flush out valve. See-through housing...
- Indoor friendly. Its for 40- 100F, 15 -115 psi and for indoor use only
- DAY 1 - IMMEDIATELY BEGINS REJUVENATING SKIN, HAIR & NAILS: HARD, chlorinated, chemical ridden water causing itchy skin, flaky dandruff, eczema,...
- ACTUALLY WORKS - EXPERIENCE THE CLEANEST CLEAN: MOST filters for showers eliminate some chemicals for a short time, but do nothing to restore the...
- JUST .09 CENTS/DAY: WHAT is your HEALTH worth? What about LOOKING YOUR BEST? If you’re a savvy shopper, you’ve done your research so you know that...
- “IT FITS!” - EASIEST NO-TOOL INSTALL: IF YOU can snap together Legos, you can easily remove your old shower filter or chlorine filter and replace...
- ADVANCED REVITALIZING SF100 VS HEAVY DUTY SF220: CUSTOMERS LOVE both of our AQUABLISS shower head filters. Here’s how to know WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE....
- Ideal first layer of filtration before a larger filtration system, Double threads on both ends:1/2 inch MNPT. Botton outlet: 14mm Barb, flush out...
- High quality stainless steel mesh filter screen rated at 40 Micron, prevent dust, sand and other sediment through into the appliance, avoid the...
- Transparent housing facilitates visual monitoring, food-grade environmental stainless steel body, strong sealing knurled thread, easy cleaning...
- Flushable and reusable, Well Spindown Sediment Hot water Sand water Pre filter 40 micron,takes considerable workload off finer filters that follow...
- Protect Your Home From Scale - Protect the entire house from scale and filter algae, silt, sand, sediment, sand, and rust
- Water When You Need It - Large easy flow filters and high flow connections keep your water pressure high
- Don’t Waste Time on Maintenance - Our quick and easy to understand design means you can swap out filters quick and easy
- The Best Filtration - Made with food-grade slow dissolve sodium polyphosphate crystal beads giving you maximum chemical absorption