FR shirts are fire-resistant clothes worn by employees at workplaces where there is a risk of exposure to high flames. It is a necessity for workers in railroad, petrochemicals, combustible dust, construction, electrical and other utility industries. These shirts are made of fire-resistant materials that help resist and repel flashes and blasts to protect the workers from fatal bodily injuries.
Flame-resistant garments are made of fabrics that are non-conducting and made of materials that do not melt into the skin. These clothing provide thermal insulation and resists breaking open. Here, we provide a short review of the varieties of FR shirts.
Top Fire-Resistant Materials Shirts Review
1. Wrangler FR Long-Sleeve Charcoal Shirt with snap closure
Wrangler FR Long-Sleeve Charcoal Shirts are suitable for fieldwork or departmental meetings. There’s a great feature of these FR shirts that makes it a great choice for busy workers. You do not have to lose time to button your shirts because these fire-resistant shirts have snap closure that helps you get a quick change whenever necessary.
These are light-weight shirts made of 88% Cotton / 12% Nylon FR Sateen, with two-Spade pockets and Meets NFPA 70E, NFPA 2112, ASTM 1506 and OSHA Rule 1910.269 Standards. The Wrangler lame-Resistant Long-Sleeve Charcoal Shirt is extremely comfortable, and these Western-Style shirts give you freedom from stiff collars to snap button-cuffs. The well-designed FR shirts do not make you uncomfortable even on overtime days and keep you ready for any professional work.
2. Men’s SLU2 KH FR Khaki Uniform Shirt from Bulwark
Men’s SLU2 KH Flame-Resistant Khaki Uniform Shirts from Bulwark is designed to give you an absolute professional look and protect you from potential fire hazards simultaneously, through its signature technologies. These flame-resistant shirts are made of Excel FR 7-ounce ComforTouch fabric, crafted with 88% cotton and 12% nylon.
In addition to the fire-resistant fabric, Men’s SLU2 KH FR Khaki Uniform Shirts by Bulwark come along with an Arc Rating ATPV of 8.6 cal/cm2 (HRC 2) to safeguard you from the thermal dangers of electric arcs. These FR dress uniforms are machine washable and resist shrinkage and the diminishment of the flame resistance in the fabric.
The shirts are convenient and comfortable and crafted with a top-stitched collar, buttoned down for a professional appearance, and keep your uniform in place. Equipped with two large front pockets with button closure these FR shirts also have top-stitched cuffs and sleeves that have a tailored placket. The left pocket has a sewn pencil holder for easy and quick access.
3. Lapco FR Blue Work Shirt with NFPPA regulations
With an HRC 2 ARC rating of 8.6 cal/cm2 and constructed by NFPPA 2112 regulations, Lapco fire-resistant Blue Work Shirts provide the guarantee to protect workers from serious burn injuries. Made of 100% FR cotton these flame-resistant shirts keep you safe and in style, simultaneously.
These are button-down shirts of high quality and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the day. These shirts are accompanied by two front pockets to help you carry small items that you may require at work. These FR shirts are chosen by organizations to give their employees, comfort and unparalleled style. You can go and check it out.
4. Bulwark Men’s SLD6 NK FR Long Sleeve Plaid Shirt with UL certification
Men’s SLD6 NK Flame-Resistant Long Sleeve Plaid Shirts from Bulwark are preferred by working professionals who need to protect themselves from flame hazards but at the same time have to look formal and presentable in front of the co-workers or higher officials. Bulwark FR long-sleeve shirts are comfortable and durable and are made from a combination of 88% cotton and 12% nylon, making it exceptionally soft.
Bulwark Men’s SLD6 NK FR Long Sleeve Plaid Shirts are UL certified to be NFPA 2112 compliant and have an ATPV 8.7 cal/cm2. The noticeable feature of these flame-resistant shirts is the classic plaid pattern that adds on to your style. These classy fire-resistant shirts are equipped with two chest pockets on the diagonal with button flaps and a sewn-in pencil stall so that you can keep your belongings to yourself without losing on any.
5. Flame Resistant CoolTouch 2 Deluxe Contractor Coverall by Bulwark
FR CoolTouch 2 Deluxe Contractor Coveralls by Bulwark are made of flame-resistant, 5.8 oz., 48% modacrylic, 37% lyocell, and 15% aramid fabric. This is a one-piece garment with a top-stitched lay flat collar and one-piece bi-swing action back. These fire-resistant shirts offer 2-way, concealed, Nomex taped brass break-away zipper, concealed snap at the top of zipper at the neck, and concealed snap closure on the sleeve cuff.
The shirts are equipped with 2-needle top-stitched patch chest pockets which have flaps and concealed snap closure. Also, it has top-stitched, and lined front swing pockets, patch hip pockets with a single concealed snap closure, a sleeve pocket is sewn to the left bicep with a pencil stall, a rule pocket on the right leg and elastic waist inserts in the back.
With an Arc rating of 6.5 cal/cm², CAT 1, the FR CoolTouch 2 Deluxe Contractor Coveralls are known to suit professionals who work at places with a high risk of fire hazards. These are comfortable and available in a wide variety of sizes.
6. Lapco FR Work Shirt with NFPA regulations
To look professional and simultaneously stay protected from fire hazards, you must choose Lapco FR Work Shirt. These 100% cotton shirts have a button-down design with a crisp collar. These shirts have an HRC 2 ARC Rating of 8.6 cal/cm² and are under NFPA 2112 regulations.
When at hard-working situations, you can roll up your long sleeves, and still maintain the formal look for meetings at late hours. Many organizations prefer these mono-colored grey t-shirts as they act perfectly as uniforms.
Doing work in areas involving risks of fire hazards is already a task that needs great courage. The above-said FR shirts are designed to protect these brave souls that make the daily life of almost everyone around the globe. So, it is very important to know what fabric and which brands are providing fire-resistant clothes of the optimum quality without any compromise on the safety of the workers risking their lives to bring in betterment to the lives of others.
- 8 oz. flame resistant cotton work shirt
- Long sleeve protection
- Limited wash FR per ASTM 1506
- For secondary protection or very light welding only
- Meets the Hazard Risk Category rating of HRC 2
- Rated over 9 in Arc Thermal Performance Value ATPV 9.5
- FR Durable soft twill that is comfortable against your skin
- Clearly labeled per OSHA requirements as FR and HRC2
- NFPA 70E and NFPA 2112
- Carhartt Company Gear Collection
- 6-ounce FR twill: 88% cotton/12% high-tenacity nylon
- Work-Dry® material wicks away moisture for comfort
- Anti-odor fabric treatment
- 100% Cotton
- Made in the USA or Imported
- Button closure
- This garment meets or exceeds the standards for HRC1, Arc Rating ATPX 7.7 calories/cm2.
- COMFORT & SAFETY: This flame resistant work shirt is made 7 oz. cotton & features a hemmed front with 7 button closure & classic styling with a...
- Carhartt Company Gear Collection
- 7-ounce, lightweight, flame-resistant twill
- NFPA 70E compliant
- Flame-resistant melamine buttons
Q: What are people saying about Fr hi-vis T-shirts?
A: “These dual-action hi-vis long sleeve t-shirts are probably the most comfortable FR Hi-Vis shirts I have ever worn.” “Not too hot – great product!” “Very nice, lightweight and good for the summer and very bright. The strips seem to hold up in the wash so far and reflect for a good distance.”
Q: What kind of Fr clothing is your team wearing?
A: Everyone wants to be comfortable at work. What kind of FR clothing is your team currently wearing? This Carhartt twill shirt is one of the best on the market and it’s well-known for being a comfortable work shirt in the industry. It’s safe to assume that your own employees would agree.
Q: What are the best flame-resistant shirts?
A: Many companies make flame-resistant shirts, so you have a wide variety to choose from. National Safety Apparel, Dickies, Polar King, Bulwark, Carhartt, and even Wrangler make FR clothing that protects and is comfortable for the workplace.
Q: What should I wear under my fr work shirt?
A: Although you could wear 100% cotton clothing under an FR work shirt, it’s a better idea to layer flame-resistant garments like t-shirts, button-down shirts, and sweatshirts – Working Person’s Store carries them all! Many companies make flame-resistant shirts, so you have a wide variety to choose from.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- 7oz 88% Cotton FR Twill,12%NYLON
- Preshrunk & comfortable
- This garments meets or exceeds the standards for HRC2,Arc Rating Atpv 9.6 Calories/cm2 Flame Resisant Garments for Protection of industrial Personnel...
- Machine Wash
- ASTM1506 ATPV 9.6 CAL/CM² - CAT 2
- FR MATRIALS：7OZ Cotton Knit FR Treated,FR Buttons,FR Sewing Threads!Clear FR Tag on arms and bottom front.More FR info On Neck Tag About UL...
- FASION AND COMFIT:This FR Work Shirt Provides A Perfect And Comfortable Fit Also Soft And fashionable.We Did Prewash/ Preshrunk And Wrinkle-Free.The...
- ENSURE SAFETY AT WORK :This garments meets or exceeds the standards for HRC2,Arc Rating Atpv 11.6 Calories/cm2 and the requirements of NFPA2112...
- MORE USE TIME: UP TO 100 WASHES ,Our shirts has the appropriate level of protective gear and stays enforced up to numerous washes. You can wear and...
- MULTI-USE:Made For Welders, Fitters, Ironworkers, Electricians, And Other Industrial Workers Even At Home. It Can Be Used For Any Kind Of Industrial...
- 100% cotton
- 100% Fire Retardant Cotton
- Pocket on left side
- MEN’S WORK T-SHIRT: Ideal for hard-working men on hazardous worksites, this long-sleeve T-shirt with flame-resistant technology is a must-have....
- MOISTURE MANAGEMENT: The long T-shirt for men by Ariat is made in cotton fabric with moisture-wicking properties to keep you warm, dry, and...
- FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT: This cotton T-shirt doesn’t restrict your movements with its high-performance quality and Greater Arm Mobility technology....
- GREAT GIFT FOR MEN: Surprising your near and dear ones, be it a friend, boyfriend, or husband, is made easier with this men’s T-shirt. Perfect for...
- SCIENCE OF INNOVATION: Ariat excels in advanced technologies to deliver products that outperform in various conditions. Partnering with world-class...
- 7 Oz. Fr Yarn Dye. 88% Cotton / 12% Nylon
- Long sleeve
- Basic collar
- Meet Industry security compliances: Meets HRC 2, NFPA 2112 and NFPA 70E ATPV 8.9 cal/cm2 compliances. Ptahdus FR shirt can plummet burned skin risk...
- Made by flame resistant fabric: The 7.1 ounce flame resistant fabric that is, soft, breathable which can wicks away sweat for comfort & fights odors....
- Loose fit design that protects all around you: Greater arm mobility and clothes length allows you to have excellent range of motion without your shirt...
- FR shirt washing care: Machine wash under 140℉ and tumble dry low at 160℉. Chlorine bleach and hydrogen peroxides found in some detergents can...
- Wide use application: Our FR Henley Long Sleeve Shirts are engineered to give wearers optimal protection, comfort, and durability for industrial...
- Made in the USA by American Workers
- Extremely Light Weight, 4oz, iFR Flame-Resistant Blend, Super Soft, Moisture Wicking, Quick Drying, Super Durable Clothing
- The “coolest” shirt chosen by thousands of Electric Lineman and Oil, Gas, and Energy Workers throughout the USA
- Meets ASTM F1506 - CAT 1 and NFPA 2112 - Inherently Flame-Resistant – Void of Chemical Treatment
- Tagless & flat-lock seam construction for comfort
- CLASSIC FIT. This classic fit shirt is cut for both practical comfort and style. Made with flame-resistant fabric, this traditional western shirt adds...
- FLAME RESISTANT. Designed to meet rigorous requirements, this FR work shirt has a Arc Thermal Protective Value (ATPV) rating of 9. 5-11. 0 CAL/CM2....
- WESTERN STYLING. This snap button down workshirt has a classic western look. A spread collar with western front and back yokes gives you a western...
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION. Finished with contrast stitching from Nomex (FR) thread at all seams and a safety orange ID for high visibility, this work...
- UTILITY STORAGE. Finished with snap buttons, this workshirt features (2) chest pockets for easy-access storage.
- 8 oz. FR-treated cotton denim
- Generous comfortable fit
- Chest pockets with flaps
- Durable metal snaps
- Available in sizes Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2X-Large, 3X-Large, and 4X-Large.
- RELAXED FIT. This men's button down work shirt is made with a classic, relaxed fit. Your go-to for tough jobs, this long-sleeve shirt is great for...
- FLAME RESISTANT. Designed to meet rigorous requirements, this FR work shirt has a Arc Thermal Protective Value (ATPV) rating of 9. 5 CAL/CM2. Our FR...
- COMFORTABLE WEAR. This fire resistant work shirt is built to last and keep you safe on the job. A gusset down the sleeves and side seams allow for...
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION. Finished with Nomex (FR) thread at all seams and a safety orange ID for high visibility, this work shirt helps keep you...
- UTILITY STORAGE. This workshirt features (2) chest pockets with button closures for easy-access storage.
- 7.5oz 100% Cotton FR Twill
- Preshrunk & comfortable
- This garments meets or exceeds the standards for HRC2,Arc Rating Atpv 8.1 Calories/cm2 and the requirements of NFPA2112 Standard on Flame Resisant...
- Machine Wash