These days, there are so many different things you can implement in your home for entertainment. A huge TV in your living room, a pinball machine in the corner of your recreation room, or a trampoline in your backyard.
All of these things I mentioned can be a great addition to your home, but if you want something a little bit more unique, you should probably consider an outdoor pool table for your backyard. It will take a much smaller amount of space and it can be fun for everyone.
Anyone who can grab and hold a cue can probably play billiard games. Those that do not know how to play billiard games can easily learn in just a couple of minutes and those who already know will have tons of fun. The best thing about this is that it can be used by two or even four people. Usually, when there are four players, they are split into two teams.
I assume that all of this sounds great to you, however choosing the right outdoor pool table might not be as easy as you thought. The market is oversaturated with thousands of unknown brands that promote products of bad quality. To ensure that people make the right decision and pick the right product, I decided to make this 2022 buying guide for outdoor pool tables.
1. Hathaway Fairmont Portable 6ft
I thought that I should start with a more affordable option. This product from Hathaway is a good choice because it costs only $400. With a discount here and there, you might grab it for even less. But, even if you do not manage to find a discount, $400 is pretty inexpensive. Especially when you consider the pricing of alternatives on the market that caused over $2000 or $3000.
Of course, with this price, there are some compromises. It is definitely not as tradable or made out of the same high-quality materials as the one that cost several thousand dollars. It is also smaller with a length of 6 feet. Usually, these tables come at 8 feet or 8.5 feet.
So, yes, those are the compromises or disadvantages, but there are also several benefits. The first one is that you will save a lot of money on this purchase. But, you should also consider the fact that it is much more portable. It being only 6 feet in length makes it lighter and easier to carry anywhere you want. I should also mention that the steel legs can be easily folded, making it even better for transportation.
Considering that it is also a bit shorter in height, it can also be used by children. It is up to you to decide whether this should be considered a disadvantage or an advantage.
2. Hathaway Maverick 7ft
Another great option comes from Hathaway. The 7ft Maverick might be a better choice than Fairmont because of that one extra foot of length that you get. Making it a little bit closer to the real thing.
Of course, with that extra length, you are going to get, you also need to pay a little bit more. However, that extra bit of money is not that much. It seemed like it is at a constant discount which puts the price at $740. Obviously, that might change in the future.
It is almost $350 more than Hathaway’s other pool table, but I think it is worth the money. The materials are of much better quality and it is easy to assemble. Although, I do have to mention that it will not be as portable because the legs do not hold at all.
However, there is one unique feature to the Maverick and that is the ability to turn it from a billiard game to a ping-pong table. It is easily converted from one game to another with a board that needs to be placed over the surface of the pool table.
3. MightyMast Leisure Astral 7ft
Now start to get into the products that are over the $1000 budget. Things are getting a little bit more premium, so get ready for these expensive prices.
The Leisure Astral 7ft by MightyMast can be found for around $1200, but it is at that price for a good reason. Unlike the previous two contenders, this one comes with an all-metal aluminum frame. In other words, it will never break no matter who or how they lean over it. It can withstand any kind of weight.
The legs are equipped with height-adjustable feet so it can be level even when placed on an uneven surface. The assembly is quite simple and will not take up too much of your time. With it, you also get 245 cm cues, one set of balls, a triangle, a waterproof cover, and some chalk for the cues.
4. Imperial Outdoor Pool Table 8ft
This is the most expensive one on the list. Imperial costs around $3500. It is entirely made of aluminum that has a very high-quality tan coding making it very resistant to the outside elements. For $3500, you would expect that this comes assembled and yes, it does.
You will also be getting one extra foot in length, making it also the biggest outdoor pool table on this list. The bed is covered with a very high-quality tax on cloth which is waterproof. If you are interested in this product, you should read more about the materials that have been used.
It may be expensive, but the level of quality that you are going to get cannot be found on any of the other alternatives that are below $2000.
5. Outback 2.0 Slate Bed Pool Table 7ft
For those that are looking for something a little bit more stylish while still maintaining a fair price, the Outback 2.0 is a perfect choice. Although, it might not be a fair price for everyone. It can be found for around $1700, but that is still much more affordable than some other options that cost way over $2000 or $3000.
This is a marine ply build that will endure any kind of weather. However, every single one of these I mentioned is perfect for backyards use because they can endure outside elements. Well, the first and most obvious benefit is that it objectively looks better than all the other products I mentioned. The style is a bit more modern. And, you also get an integrated ball return system which cannot be found in the other products.
I could go on with outdoor pool tables that cost well over $5000, but I do not see really the point in those. The increase in material quality is minimal, making the price difference unjustified. So, I suggest that you pick one of these five products I mentioned.
Q: Should you buy an outdoor pool table?
A: Should You Buy Outdoor Pool Tables? Although there are many reasons to get outdoor pool tables instead of indoor ones but the biggest reason is the amount of space it saves. I remember we use to live in a small house so space was really tight.
Q: What are the benefits of owning an outdoor pool table?
A: – MDF table – Rubber cushions – Leg levelers
Q: What size room is recommended for a pool table?
A: SEVEN-foot table: (3.5′ x 7′) 42″ x 84″|Playing Area: 38″ x 76″|Min. Room Size: 138″ x 174″ EIGHT foot table: (4′ x 8′) 48″ x 96″|Playing Area: 44″ x 88″|Min. Room Size: 144″ x 186″ OVERSIZE EIGHT foot table: (4′ x 8′) 48″ x 96″|Playing Area: 46″ x 92″|Min. … NINE foot table: (4.5′ x 9′) 54″ x 108″|Playing Area: 50″ x 100″|Min. …
Q: What are the top-rated pool tables?
A: Fat Cat Reno Pool Table. If you’re looking for a standard, well-built eight-foot table, this Fat Cat Reno is the way to go. … Barrington Hawthorne Billiard Table. Barrington Billiards offers several high-end pool tables such as this Hawthorne model. … Hall of Games Edgewood Billiard Table. … Rack Scorpius Billiard and Table Tennis Table.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- COMPLETE SET: Includes a mid-size billiards table with 15 regulation balls and cue ball, ball rack, 2 57 inch cue sticks, 2 chalk and felt brush
- MIDSIZE BILLIARDS TABLE: Great size for competitive games, but small enough to store anywhere; Assembled: 76 L x 43 W x 31 H inches
- INSTANT SETUP: Ready to play out of the box, simply fold the legs out and let the fun begin; Perfect for game rooms, apartments, offices, or anyone...
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION: Heavy duty steel frame keeps the table sturdy and the premium felt surface ensures smooth gameplay - plus bonus felt brush...
- GAME ROOM FUN: This traditional billiard table makes for a great addition to any family living area - easily set-up this table in your basement, man...
- BECOME A POOL SHARK: Call your shot in 8-Ball, 9-Ball, One-Pocket, or Cutthroat pool! Just add your own balls, cue, and racks and you're ready to...
- TRADITIONAL STYLE BAR-SIZE POOL: Table features claw feet and parlor style drop pocket design featuring scratch resistant luster long finish that...
- BUILT-IN LEG LEVELING SYSTEM: Uneven hardwood floors or carpet is no problem - table adjusts to suit the needs of your room
- ASSEMBLED DIMENSIONS - BAR-SIZE TABLE: 87 inches L x 50 inches W x 31 inches H; Recommended for rooms larger than 17 feet L x 13 feet W for ample room...
- POOL TABLE 8FT Model VINTAGE RED FULL OPTIONAL 8FT Playfield 88 in. L x 44 in. W SOLID AND STRONG The product is new and packed PROFESSIONAL SIZE The...
- 100% SAME AS PICTURE EASY AND FAST ASSEMBLY! TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: Colour: dark brown with red cloth Size: 8 feet (Playfield 88 in. L x 44 in. W)...
- Accessories included in the package: 15 Numbered Balls with Cue Ball 15 Red Balls with Cue Ball 6 Balls of different colours 6 cues (4 Cannon and 2...
- Your purchase includes One GLD Fat Cat Trueshot Pool Table of 6 ft. | Set of billiard balls, Two cues, One billiard brush, One ball triangle and Two...
- Pool table dimensions – 76” L x 43” W x 32” H | Weight – 114 lbs. | Balls (each) – 2.25” Diameter | Cues (each) – 57” | Playing...
- Compact design allows you to enjoy your favorite game in spaces you never thought possible
- High quality building materials allow for lightweight play and portability without sacrificing strength
- The perfect size for younger players learning the fun of pool | Sleek black cloth complements any room decor, from traditional to contemporary
- 🎱 Perfectly Sized Superior Quality Pool/Billiard Table - Become the Pool Shark Master - Table Dimensions: 66" L x 35" W x 31" H ✅
- 🎱 Beginner/Intermediates Friendly - Better For the Whole Family ✅
- 🎱 Lightweight, Heavy Duty - Perfect Balance Between Stability, Sturdiness, Maneuverability and Optimal Size - Ideal For Game Rooms, Family Rooms...
- 🎱 Includes Full Premium Pool Table Accessories Set ✅
- 🎱 RACK Brand Quality. CONTACT US FOR ANY QUERIES AT Toll Free: 1(866) 334-RACK (7225) OR [email protected] ✅
- Includes 2-piece dining top with convenient under table storage shelf
- Playfield: 18MM MDF with a PVC resin buffer and black wool blend billiard cloth for fast play
- Rails: K66 profile rubber cushions
- Drop pocket configuration
- Black Powder coated metal components
- ULTIMATE MULTI-FUNCTIONALITY - The Atomic Northport 3-in-1 Dining Table is an air-powered hockey, table tennis and a dining table all in one. This...
- MODERN, CONTEMPORARY DESIGN - The Northport features a modern contemporary wood grain finish with heavy-duty quality construction, it’s air-powered...
- CONVENIENT, AMPLE STORAGE - Two upholstered storage benches are included for comfortable seating for the dining function while serving as large...
- EASY AND INSTANT TRANSFORMATION - Remove or flip over the dining top to instantly convert your table to a full-size air-powered hockey table with a...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – Headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, Atomic has a fully-staffed customer service team available to take your call or...
- Burgundy playfield made of 50% wool blend cloth for easy ball movement and K-818 bumpers for a superb ball bounce. Sturdy 4. 625'' width top rail and...
- Solid legs with wood grain PVC laminate and metal cross bar for additional stability and a unique industrial look.
- Hidden leg levelers to ensure an even playing surface on most floors.
- Accessories included: one set of standard size 2. 25" billiard balls, two standard size 57" cue sticks, one solid wood triangle rack, two cue chalks...
- Compact design is ideal for a limited recreational area. Assembled dimensions: 84'' x 44'' x 32'' / weight 259. 16 lbs.