Judaism is approximately 4.000 years old, hence, it is completely normal that they have a wide range of religious symbols, items, and motifs. Most of these symbols are commonly incorporated into the design of Jewish jewelry. But, do you really know the significance behind the most traditional Jewish ornaments?
If you want to purchase accessories that feature Jewish themes, you should first learn the meaning behind those pieces. And, this is exactly what this article can help you with. The text below is going to feature the most common motifs on Jewish jewelry pieces, as well as the meaning behind them. Let’s take a closer look at the article:
“The Star of David” – All Ornament Types
You might not know some other motifs on this list, however, you probably did see or at least hear about this most famous star that is featured on the flag of Israel – The Star of David. It is also commonly described as “Magen David” or “The Shield of David”, and it is believed that it came from the shield of King David. But, there is no concrete evidence that this is true.
Although there are various assumptions and metaphorical meanings behind this motif, the exact definition, and importance behind the 2 tangled triangles are not known. If you want the accessory to feature this star, you are lucky, especially since there are various necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings that you can opt for.
“A Mezuzah” – Pendants And Lockets
Jewish families often place a Mezuzah on the left side of their doors, and it serves as a constant reminder that God is always present in their daily lives. Now, you might be wondering – what is it exactly? Well, simply said, it is a piece of paper that features handwritten verses for the Torah.
This motif is one that is quite popular and strong, especially since it offers protection to Israeli people, hence, it is commonly used as a theme for accessories, particularly pendants and lockets. There are various ones you can choose from, and if you want to see some examples of what you can choose, you can check this out for more info.
“Shema Yisrael” – Earrings
In order for you to understand this motif, you first need to learn the definition of the 2 words. “Shema” is a Hebrew term that translates to “hear”, while “Yisrael”, is translated to “Israel”. Once you combine the two words, you get “Hear, Israel…” which is how a part of the Holy Book begins. The portion of the book features a prayer that people recite two times each day.
There is basically thousands of version, designs, colors, and jewelry pieces that you can get with this symbol at judaicawebstore.com, which means that you’ll definitely find something that fit a particular style. Additionally, the prayer is often written in the previously mentioned mezuzah, hence, you can choose to purchase both pieces and create a meaningful present.
“The Menorah” – Bracelets And Pendants
A menorah is a ritual object used by all traditional Jewish families during the 8 days of Hanukkah. It has seven places for seven candles, and it refers to a period after Israelis overcame the emigration from Egypt. It was also used later on in the wild and of course, in various temples across Israel.
Before “The Star of David” emerged and became a staple of the country, the menorah used to hold that place. But, nonetheless, it is still commonly used in this country and religion. It is featured on all types of jewelry, however, they can most commonly be found on lockets and earrings.
“Ani Le Dodi” – Bracelets And Rings
The expression “Ani Le’ Dodi Be’ Dodi Li” comes from a book titled the Song of Solomon. It can be translated to “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine”, which makes it a perfect gift for anniversaries, wedding day, and birthdays. It is possibly the most traditional expression used for manufacturing rings for engagements and weddings.
Since there are a lot of words, it is best if you opt for a ring or bracelets, especially if you want the piece to feature the entire expression. Naturally, you will find it in various designs, colors, and sizes, and of course, the jewelry is produced from various metals including gold, silver, and stainless steel.
“A Dove” – Pendants And Earrings
By now, you are probably familiar with the tale of Noah’s arch, and if so, then you also know about the famous flood that almost ended the entire Earth. Since then, the dove has remained a figure of hope, faith, and harmony. A lot of people in Israel embrace this gentle symbol as a way to express optimism and hopes for a better future.
However, there is one thing that you should keep in mind. The dove is often fused with other Jewish themes like the Star of David, the Hamsa, or the Mezuzah, hence, do not be confused if you see it in various motif combinations. It is usually gifted to and worn by women, especially since it usually includes other details such as gemstones or zirconium.
“Hamsa” – Earrings, Lockets, And Bracelets
When translated, “Hamsa” means “5”. It is a symbol that is formed like a hand and it is incredibly significant for Muslims, Jews, and a lot of Christians. You can see this all over the world, especially in North Africa and some Middle Eastern countries, and it is believed that it can get rid of the evil eye. It also serves as a protection charm for the wearer.
It is often introduced as a lucky talisman and it can be mixed with other Jewish symbols, hence, do not be surprised if you see it with an eye, star, or chai. It comes in various shapes and designs, and it can also be found on other religious items as well – which is kind of normal, especially since it is lucky.
So, there you have it. The symbols mentioned above are some of the most popular ones featured on jewelry of all types. Hence, now that you know what you can opt for, as well as the meaning behind a specific piece, do not waste any more time. Instead, start searching for a jewelry piece that will suit your needs perfectly.
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Unique Hebrew ring for women, 925 sterling silver-plated brass open adjustable ring, Unique religious Spiritual Jewish Hebrew Judaica...
- MATERIALS - 925 sterling silver-plated brass.
- MEASUREMENTS - The width of the ring is 0.30 inches (0.76 cm) and it can be adjusted to any finger size.
- PACKAGING - Your gift-wrapped jewelry will arrive with a special explanation regarding the relevant text, both in Hebrew and English. The product...
- HANDMADE - All of Hallel Jewelry designs are handmade in Israel with love and passion, You are more than welcome to visit my shop for more jewelry...
- Jewish Star of David religious necklace designed to be worn close to your heart and soul.
- Crafted from solid 925 sterling, and plated in 14k rose gold.
- Pendant measures 3/4" and is worn on a 16” rolo chain with a 2" extender. Handset with high quality, sparkling cubic zirconia stones that never lose...
- A Star, also known as a Magen David Star, is an inspirational charm that encourages a life of optimism, positive energy and, of course, love. May this...
- A lovely gift of choice for a birthday, bat mitzvah, Hanukkah, Christmas, confirmation, healing and so much more.
- Gold Star of David necklace / Jewish star necklace
- Length 16" + 2" extending chain
- Protection Kabbalah jewelry from the holyland
- Minimalist simple everyday necklace
- Safe to wear in water; Hypoallergenic
- Elegant Pendant Box Included
- 14k Yellow Gold GUARANTEED, Authenticated with a 14k Stamp
- Jewelry Gifts For Women And Gifts For Men Including Gift For Mom; Wife; Mother; Father; Daddy; Daughter; Son; Sister; Brother; Friend; Coworker;...
- Christmas Gift; Stocking Stuffers; Sonia Jewels Has The Highest Quality Jewelry Gifts For Her and Him for Christmas; Valentines Day; Mothers Day;...
- Your satisfaction is our top priority at Sonia Jewels - Solid 14k Yellow Gold Star of David Lucky Jewish Pendant Charm - 33mm x 20mm
- Golden charm measures 1/2” x 3/8" on an adjustable chain 16" to 18" with terminals.
- Chai Hebrew letter symbolic charm in 14k gold plate over sterling 925 silver
- The combination of two Hebrew letters chet and yud represent LIFE
- It’s discreet and dainty in size, uplifting and full of blessings--wishing you a life full of happiness and good health.
- The perfect Jewish jewelry piece and ideal for new baby gifts, Bat Mitzvah presents, graduation gifts, healing presents and Hanukkah gifts.
- 🔯 David’s Star Pendant represents six-pointed star, Shield of David (or Magen David in Hebrew); Intricate design of Jewish symbol, Torah and...
- 🔯 Star of David Necklace for women is a protective amulet of Kabbalah; Made of precious Sterling Silver and oxidized for deeper contract; stamped...
- 🔯 DETAILS: Pendant Size: diameter 1" (24 mm); Pendant Weight: appx 3 g; Shipped with free high quality cord 28" (70 mm); Packed in an elegant...
- 🔯 Hexagram pendant is an ancient Sacred Geometry symbol, intended to highlight Jewish cultural heritage of the wearer, to regard him to Israeli...
- 🔯 Jewish Necklace of David Star is a perfect blessing gift for all occasions like Christmas, Valentine's Day, Father's Day, Anniversary, Birthday,...
- Product details - Unique Kabbalah ring for women and men, Open adjustable ring, Unique religious Spiritual Jewish Hebrew Judaica jewelry, Unisex ring...
- Materials - 925 sterling silver-plated brass OR solid 295 sterling silver OR 24K gold plates brass
- Measurements - The width of the ring is 0.43 inches (1.09 cm) and it can be adjusted to any finger size.
- Packaging - Your gift-wrapped jewelry will arrive with a special explanation regarding the relevant text, both in Hebrew and English. The product...
- Handmade - All of Hallel Jewelry designs are handmade in Israel with love and passion, You are more than welcome to visit my shop for more jewelry...
- HAPPY January 2022 Jewelry Deals Limited Supply Get It Now Before It's Sold Out; Solid 14 karat Two-tone Gold ; Length 26mm ; Hypoallergenic ; Gifts...
- Stunning Gift Packaging; Each item is hand-wrapped with you in mind; Ideal Cute Gift for Family; Anniversary; Her; Weddings; Birthdays; Wife; Mother;...
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee; Lifetime Warranty by IceCarats proudly an AMERICAN OWNED and Operated Company; Certificate of Authenticity card included...
- Premium Solid 14k Two-tone Gold; Our jewelry is made from High Quality Premium Materials; Gems; Faceted Stones; Swarovski Crystals and Hand-Stamped...
- Limited Collection Just For You; We have created this personalized collection to help you celebrate your first most memorable occasions from the heart...
- Small and Elegant Classic Star of David Pendant with 18 Inch long box chain, Pendant size: 0.59 x 0.59 inch. Enduring, Beautiful And Elegant: The...
- Own A Symbol From History: Every pendant has its roots in history emanating from the Holy Land. Now you have a link to this legacy for your own...
- A Quiet, Compelling Presence: Soothing and entrancing, these Six Pointed Megan Star Jewish Israel Jewelry for Women/Men Hip Hop Jewelry necklaces and...
- Jewelry To Cherish For Generations: Crafted from pure sterling silver, both the chain and charm pendant will create a lovely, treasured heirloom
- All Ages Suitability: These authentic silver pendants will complement any person at any stage of life. The sturdy chain and pure silver ensures...
- Handmade item.
- Drop length: approximately 1 1/2 inches (38mm) from bottom of ear wire. Total length: approximately 2 1/8 inches (53mm) including ear wires.
- CHOOSE your birthstone crystal at checkout (Dec/Blue Topaz pictured) and if you'd like to upgrade to solid .925 Sterling Silver ear wires (5th photo).
- Each pair of earrings are handmade to your specifications and I will make sure they are just as Beautiful!
- These personalized Star of David earrings will arrive in a gift box, ready for gift giving or to treat yourself.
Q: What kind of Jewish jewelry should I wear?
A: Many items of Jewish jewelry make a statement about yourself and your identity. Enjoy our choice of rings, bracelets, pendants, necklaces and earrings displaying the traditional Chai, Star of David, the Menorah or the Choshen. Equally conspicuous are items that sport a pretty Hamsa or other protection symbol.
Q: What is Israeli and Jewish jewelry?
A: Israeli and Jewish Jewelry is some of the trendiest, and most unique in the world. From Jewish jewelry such as the Star of David Jewelry, Chai, Hamsa Jewelry, or verses and blessings, to contemporary silver and fashion jewelry, including Roman Glass, you are guaranteed to find the right piece of jewelry for you or someone you love right here!
Q: What is Jew jewelry boxes?
A: Jewelry Boxes. Israeli and Jewish Jewelry is some of the trendiest, and most unique in the world. From Jewish jewelry such as the Star of David Jewelry, Chai, Hamsa Jewelry, or verses and blessings, to contemporary silver and fashion jewelry, including Roman Glass, you are guaranteed to find the right piece of jewelry…