Judaism is approximately 4.000 years old, hence, it is completely normal that they have a wide range of religious symbols, items, and motifs. Most of these symbols are commonly incorporated into the design of Jewish jewelry. But, do you really know the significance behind the most traditional Jewish ornaments?
If you want to purchase accessories that feature Jewish themes, you should first learn the meaning behind those pieces. And, this is exactly what this article can help you with. The text below is going to feature the most common motifs on Jewish jewelry pieces, as well as the meaning behind them. Let’s take a closer look at the article:
“The Star of David” – All Ornament Types
You might not know some other motifs on this list, however, you probably did see or at least hear about this most famous star that is featured on the flag of Israel – The Star of David. It is also commonly described as “Magen David” or “The Shield of David”, and it is believed that it came from the shield of King David. But, there is no concrete evidence that this is true.
Although there are various assumptions and metaphorical meanings behind this motif, the exact definition, and importance behind the 2 tangled triangles are not known. If you want the accessory to feature this star, you are lucky, especially since there are various necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings that you can opt for.
“A Mezuzah” – Pendants And Lockets
Jewish families often place a Mezuzah on the left side of their doors, and it serves as a constant reminder that God is always present in their daily lives. Now, you might be wondering – what is it exactly? Well, simply said, it is a piece of paper that features handwritten verses for the Torah.
This motif is one that is quite popular and strong, especially since it offers protection to Israeli people, hence, it is commonly used as a theme for accessories, particularly pendants and lockets. There are various ones you can choose from, and if you want to see some examples of what you can choose, you can check this out for more info.
“Shema Yisrael” – Earrings
In order for you to understand this motif, you first need to learn the definition of the 2 words. “Shema” is a Hebrew term that translates to “hear”, while “Yisrael”, is translated to “Israel”. Once you combine the two words, you get “Hear, Israel…” which is how a part of the Holy Book begins. The portion of the book features a prayer that people recite two times each day.
There is basically thousands of version, designs, colors, and jewelry pieces that you can get with this symbol at judaicawebstore.com, which means that you’ll definitely find something that fit a particular style. Additionally, the prayer is often written in the previously mentioned mezuzah, hence, you can choose to purchase both pieces and create a meaningful present.
“The Menorah” – Bracelets And Pendants
A menorah is a ritual object used by all traditional Jewish families during the 8 days of Hanukkah. It has seven places for seven candles, and it refers to a period after Israelis overcame the emigration from Egypt. It was also used later on in the wild and of course, in various temples across Israel.
Before “The Star of David” emerged and became a staple of the country, the menorah used to hold that place. But, nonetheless, it is still commonly used in this country and religion. It is featured on all types of jewelry, however, they can most commonly be found on lockets and earrings.
“Ani Le Dodi” – Bracelets And Rings
The expression “Ani Le’ Dodi Be’ Dodi Li” comes from a book titled the Song of Solomon. It can be translated to “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine”, which makes it a perfect gift for anniversaries, wedding day, and birthdays. It is possibly the most traditional expression used for manufacturing rings for engagements and weddings.
Since there are a lot of words, it is best if you opt for a ring or bracelets, especially if you want the piece to feature the entire expression. Naturally, you will find it in various designs, colors, and sizes, and of course, the jewelry is produced from various metals including gold, silver, and stainless steel.
“A Dove” – Pendants And Earrings
By now, you are probably familiar with the tale of Noah’s arch, and if so, then you also know about the famous flood that almost ended the entire Earth. Since then, the dove has remained a figure of hope, faith, and harmony. A lot of people in Israel embrace this gentle symbol as a way to express optimism and hopes for a better future.
However, there is one thing that you should keep in mind. The dove is often fused with other Jewish themes like the Star of David, the Hamsa, or the Mezuzah, hence, do not be confused if you see it in various motif combinations. It is usually gifted to and worn by women, especially since it usually includes other details such as gemstones or zirconium.
“Hamsa” – Earrings, Lockets, And Bracelets
When translated, “Hamsa” means “5”. It is a symbol that is formed like a hand and it is incredibly significant for Muslims, Jews, and a lot of Christians. You can see this all over the world, especially in North Africa and some Middle Eastern countries, and it is believed that it can get rid of the evil eye. It also serves as a protection charm for the wearer.
It is often introduced as a lucky talisman and it can be mixed with other Jewish symbols, hence, do not be surprised if you see it with an eye, star, or chai. It comes in various shapes and designs, and it can also be found on other religious items as well – which is kind of normal, especially since it is lucky.
So, there you have it. The symbols mentioned above are some of the most popular ones featured on jewelry of all types. Hence, now that you know what you can opt for, as well as the meaning behind a specific piece, do not waste any more time. Instead, start searching for a jewelry piece that will suit your needs perfectly.
- 【JEWISH STAR OF DAVID BRACELET】 - A stainless steel Star of David charm bracelet for women and men on black durable, double strand string...
- 【8.5" HYPOALLERGENIC JEWISH JEWELRY for MEN & WOMEN】 - The 316L Stainless Steel Jewish star charm is non fading, non rusting, hypoallergenic and...
- 【DURABLE & ELEGANT JEWISH GIFT FOR WOMEN & MEN】 - This is a really tough little Star of David bracelet too! Featuring a 0.4" (1 CM) round...
- 【IDEAL JEWISH JEWELRY GIFT】 - Each stainless steel jewelry piece is presented with a recycled paper gift card that reads FAITH - PEACE - SOUL and...
- 【NO QUESTIONS ASKED - MIZZE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!】- We are very proud of our stainless steel charm bracelets and stand behind their quality. If...
- Color: Gold, Silver,
- High quality. Hypoallergenic
- Materials : 18k gold-plated high quality stainless steel
- Chain length will be 6-8"(adjustable extension chain included, fits most people)
- Comes in a cute gift box
- ✡ Jewish Star od David Necklace Pendant with Chain, Unisex Men and Women Necklaces.
- Metal Material: made of 925 sterling silver(both charm and chain),Rhodium metal plated to make sure robust and will not tarnish or rust easily, it is...
- Star Size: 0.98 inch x 0.79 inch (L*W), Chain:1.5mm wide rolo cable chain, 18 inch long, plus 2 inches extender, classic sturdy lobster claw clasp.
- Polished Finish, Hypoallergenic and lightweight.
- Come with U7 design box and a black velvet pouch. Nickel free.
- FEATURE - High Polished Sterling Silver CHAI Necklace with 18 Inch Chain, Chai the jewush symbol of life.
- CRAFTED - This necklace are crafted of fine sterling silverm Nickel & tarnish free.
- CARE - Keep from water cosmetics & chemical product. Clean with microfiber cloth.
- PACKAGING - Jewelry packaged with a nice pouch ready for gifting.
- ABOUT – Our jewelry collection is an assortment of hand selected fine and fashion jewelry. We carry an expansive selection of gemstones, cubic...
- Israeli Made Jewelry - Faith Jewelry by Yair's Hoshen necklace is the perfect religious jewelry accessory. Perfect for anyone looking for Jewish...
- Inspiring Twelve Tribes of Israel Necklace - Each stone on the Priest Breastplate (Hoshen) represents one of the 12 Tribes. The Priest would use the...
- Material - 925 Sterling Silver. Hypoallergenic. Nickel and lead-free. Contains Cubic Zirconia stones.
- Size - 6.5X10 mm / 0.26X0.39". Chain Length: 18 Inch.
- Best Gift - Jewish gifts, Jewish jewelry for women, Bat Mitzvah gifts, made in Israel Judaic jewelry, gifts from Israel Jewish, Hebrew Israelite...
- Imagine Your Lady Wearing This -- Beautiful charms that portray the Jewish lifestyle; Star of David, Torah, Menorah, Hamsa Hand, Chai makes a great...
- Measurement Information -- Stretch bracelet for easy on-off will fit up to 7.5 inch wrist
- A Special Women's Bracelet -- for the lady in your life that follows the Jewish lifestye. This charm bracelet will bring a smile to her face and she...
- Ready For Gift Giving -- Comes in a gift box protected by a PammyJ sleeve, perfect for gift giving
- Gold star david necklace pendant measures 0.57" wide x 0.75" high, chain length 16" with 2" extender, total 18 inches.
- The star necklace for women is made by 925 sterling silver with precious metal 14k gold plating and tarnish resistant for daily wearing.
- Six pointed megan david star necklace for men with heavy brushed texture hallow design, makes the star necklace unique and standout.
- We are a proud American-Owned company located in the sunshine state. We serve our customers with complete honesty and genuine love, just like our...
- All our jewelry comes in a custom-made button closure velvet pouch for easy storage and simple gifting. Always remember to keep your sterling silver...
- Jewish Charms in 3 different Designs. Each charm can be purchased individually
- you can pick chain length for men or women
- You Can purchase the Charms only or charms on chain, You choose
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL -Made with stainless steel which is allergy free and does not readily corrode, rust, or stain with water,free of nickel. High...
- PENDANT SIZE:High:32mm(1 2/8");Width:25mm(1");Thickness:1.5mm; Chain Length:55cm(22");Stainless steel cable chain.
- SPECIAL IMPLICATION: Classic david star pendant necklace, religious and holy, great jewish jewelry for daily wear or praying.
- PERFECT GIFT CHOICE:Unisex style, fit all age and gender. Best gift for Family Friend Lover. Best Graduation, Bachelor Party, Anniversary, Birthday,...
- WHAT YOU WILL GET: 1 x Star of david pendant + 1 x cable chain + 1 x HooAMI velvet jewelry pouch.
Q: What kind of Jewish jewelry should I wear?
A: Many items of Jewish jewelry make a statement about yourself and your identity. Enjoy our choice of rings, bracelets, pendants, necklaces and earrings displaying the traditional Chai, Star of David, the Menorah or the Choshen. Equally conspicuous are items that sport a pretty Hamsa or other protection symbol.
Q: What is Israeli and Jewish jewelry?
A: Israeli and Jewish Jewelry is some of the trendiest, and most unique in the world. From Jewish jewelry such as the Star of David Jewelry, Chai, Hamsa Jewelry, or verses and blessings, to contemporary silver and fashion jewelry, including Roman Glass, you are guaranteed to find the right piece of jewelry for you or someone you love right here!
Q: What is Jew jewelry boxes?
A: Jewelry Boxes. Israeli and Jewish Jewelry is some of the trendiest, and most unique in the world. From Jewish jewelry such as the Star of David Jewelry, Chai, Hamsa Jewelry, or verses and blessings, to contemporary silver and fashion jewelry, including Roman Glass, you are guaranteed to find the right piece of jewelry…